controled crying

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ive just put rhys in bed after about an hour of him screaming, ive been trying to comfort him etc but got myself so worked up ive just put him in his cot awake and screaming.

what should i do now? will he just drop off or do i need to go check on him in a few minutes?

We are having problems with Bethanie recently too, shes always been great.. straight to sleep at night, but shes been put in bed between 8-9 the past few days since shes been being a little bugger; still standing up and bouncing around at 12am! Tonight we tried the harsh method of leaving her to cry, it is hard to leave them but they need to learn. She was asleep in about 10 minutes.

Is he teething? Bethanie's 2nd tooth is coming through and shes been restless and whingy recently so I think that may be the problem.

By the way, id suggest checking on him every 5-10 mins or so, just to be sure. Bethanie's always putting her arms and legs through the rails, so I just like to check.

i did try control crying on mine, but i gave in, it really hurt me when i could hear her crying her little heart out, and it was just getting louder and louder... Its not as easy as what the super-nanny makes out to be.....

:dohh: i gave in aswell and we ended up cuddling in my bed for an hour until he fell asleep..

he may be teething, he now has 6 teeth, i dont know how fast they all are supposed to come through now.

hes just having his dinner, then bath and hopefully bed by 8pm tonight...

wishful thinking maybe? lol

lol yea wishful thinking but a good routine usually helps. I notice when we get chub chub all hyped up then expect her to sleep she has problems, but when we bath her, give her bot bot, brush her 2 teeth lol then read her a book and put her in bed.. shes fine.

Also, whats it like when he's in bed? own room? or a fair bit of noise/light? because if we are in the room, Bethanie is more likely not going to sleep as she thinks it's funny to keep playing and talking to mummy and daddy.

Best not to cuddle them to sleep though as they get so used to it. I used to do that with Bethanie at her morning nap, but I stopped that one before it got too much! and Sonny never lets her sleep with us at night.. sometimes I cuddle her for a bit though if shes not settling.

rhys has his cot in his own room, we leave the door half open with the hall light on. his room is being redecorated at the moment so maybe thats why hes not settling so well.

another awful night lastnight, he didnt fall asleep until 10pm and was up about 5 times between then and midnight. then he woke at 4,5,6.45 and finally 8am.

im so tired!

We had a simlar problemw ith Coby, he wouldnt go to bed untill 9 or 10ish and that would be him falling asleep down stiars either on the sofa or on our laps, we tried teh crying thing but i couldnt do it, walking away and hearing him scream but broke me.

In the end i had to be strong in order for me and JAse to have any time alone together, but instead of leaving him i laid on his bed with him.

For the first few nights he tried to get out of bed, i would just lay him back down and say bedtime really firmly, he would cry and shout but at least i was there with him, i didnt speak to him, just put my hand on his back to let him know i was there, after a while he soon gave up and laid down then went to sleep after 30 mins.

We kept doing that each night without fail. now we take him up to bed at 8, lay with him and we are back down having dinner together by 8.30, Coby doesnt cry, he knows now that its bedtime and thats it.

He was older then Rhys when we started doing it so it might have been easier to do, but keep at it, it will pay off in the end

x

if hes teething have u tried nelson crystal u can get him from boots its settles the teething hope this helps

Bethanie is wearing me out recently with not going to sleep! she was in bed by 8:15 and only went to sleep about 10:30! grr!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->