Controlled Crying...Should I??

littlelady

Reaction score
Ok well my son is nearlly 10 months old and hes slept through the night since he was about 4 months old but lately id say the past 2 weeks hes been waking up about 10pm bedtime is at 7pm

hes been wanting to play and just keeps crying when i leave him in his cot so im thinking this is just a phase and it will pass if i try controlled crying ive tried it the past 2 nights and we seem to be getting somewhere as he went back to sleep normally im still sat there till 2am

ok hes been crying for an hour really need some help!!!!!

oh sweetie :hugs: i'm sorry i have no advice, maddi is our first, only the whole swaddle and shhhh thing for newborns. really hope some else can be of more use, sending huge hugs :hug:

urm...urm......other then...dummys..bottles...cuddles.....singing i cant think hun sorry xx

singing is a good idea, what about reading a story? xxxxxx

When u hear a baby cryin a mother instinct is to pick up and comfort.

If the controlled cryin is wrkin then stick wiv it.

My honest suggestion would be a dummy or a bottle of warm milk to comfort him.

HTH.

V x x x

tried all of them not hes still crying controlled crying isnt working and its been an hour now hes not left his cot except to change his nappy please heklp :(

yeah hes teething but hes had the works teething gel and ibuprofen but as soon as i go in to see him after 5 minutes he starts laughing and trying to play so i know its not pain this is driving me mad if controlled crying isnt working what else am i to do hes been crying since 9:55pm so its been like an hour n 40 mintues now so i cant leave him crying no more

does he like being cuddled to sleep? (I do that to caitlin when I have problems getting her off to sleep).

no hes one that likes to roll around and crawl up against the cot with his teddy and goes off to sleep lol hes still crying now after a bottle nappy change pain relief teething gel etc really confused here i thought he just wanted to play but sureley he would have gone off to sleep by now via the controlled crying method????

oh hun i wouldn`t have a clue tbh didn`t want to read and run does he have a cot mobile? maybe if you do turn it on works a treat with abby

we have a light and sound show that maddi finds quite soothing. maybe something like that, thinking of you :hugs:

yeah ive tried his cot toys he just stands up and cries at me so im really stuck on this just dont understand it maybe he gets too much sleep in the day ui dont know but he only has 2 naps at an hour each??

Caitlin still naps a fair bit hun they still need it imo - she has 3!! Morning afternoon after dinner!

Caitlins been like this when one of her teeth were cutitng through (I say one I mean the first recently lol)!

Controlled crying I don't believe is an instant thing takes some patience and probably a lot of discomfort for you hearing him upset but I've not done this method so not sure.

What about a small night light? Is the room in complete darkness?

no he has a little lamp in his room its only a soft glow so not too bright to keep him awake but not complete darkness ive tried controlled crying all week i seem to be getting nowhere he has 2 naps a day morning and mid afternoon maybe he needs 3 but just fights his sleep and oesnt have onr or maybe he needs just one but then that would mean him going to bed at like 5pm tea time think im going to see health visitor in the morning see if she has any idea at all its very upsetting and stressfull hearing him cry but i know in the end its for the best i did really well tonight and didnt give in till hed been crying for over an hour and i felt so horrible and cruel i was nearly crying myself i really dont know now thanks so much for your help and support ladies wel see how we go tomorow night fingers crossed x

Maybe try keeping him awake later? Alter your routine a bit? Chenge the nap times and then start your bedtime routine at 8 or 9 instead of 7?

I was talking to a friend of mine, who's daughters pediatrician told her to try controlled crying when her daughter was young (she's like 3 now though). She said it usually worked, and the longest she ever cried was 45min. However, her pediatrician said she had used CC with her own daughter, and had let her cry for FOUR HOURS!! :shock:
I couldn't imagine letting a child cry that long. But I do think it's probably him just wanting to play. I would just make sure he has a few toys and leave him to be. If he cries, but you've checked everything he's probably just doing it for your attention (especially since he's not a young baby.. mines 7mo and knows how to cry for attention.. so I am guessing yours knows how to get you).

Fuck!!! 1 hour is too much ....FOUR!!

I think theres a line for controlled crying. My gawd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->