Converse.

DCS

Reaction score
Am I too old for them? ( I'm 28) Are they comfy? I really want some low white ones, but I usualy wear running trainers and I'm worried they will be too flat for my old feet. My feet are quite wide. Will they need breaking in? How true to size are they? I think im a six but recently all the sixes feel too small in length.
This is way too difficult a decision for me to make. I'm aware it should be this hard to make up my mind.

I love my converse. I have white, navy, sapphire pink and mint green. I wear them daily although they do really hurt my heels for the first couple of days!

I'm 25, definitely not too old at 28 imo!

I pretty much only wear Converse and I'm 30 this year! I have 8 pairs although I tend to favour certain ones. I've never found them uncomfy, and they haven't needed breaking in. Size wise, I'd say they're a bit bigger than average if anything.

I honestly think there is no age limit on converse!

I love converse! you're never too old for them. On the comfort front, they're great for wide feet at they're easy to open out with the laces but comfy? they're very flat and offer no support so you will eventually get sore heels. If you have flat feet like me after an hour the balls of feet really ache and they sometimes rub my heel so I don't wear them that often sadly.

i love them, I recently replaced my black pair after having them for 8 years!! I have black and pink. Hubby wears them as do all my kids! My mum wears them but the fake ones ha ha

I'm 31 and no chance of me giving mine up.

As pp said there's no support but I find them very comfy, I have a polka dot pair I love.

The main problem I find is if they get wet they take ages to dry so on a rainy day you can have wet feet

Oh yes and they're machine washable, well I've done mine anyway. Though you need to leave the house when you put that wash on or the thumping will make you crazy

I love converse, but I don't actually find them that comfortable. I always get blisters on my heels from them. It's been a few years since I've had any but I would love a white pair too.

You're never too old for converse. I'm 33 and when I'm due for new trainers I might get some. Then again I might avoid because of the blister issue...

Oh, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they are sized in men's sizes? So you'll need to try on in a shop to get the right size.

Definitely not too old at all!

I find mine really comfy, I also have wide feet and have never had a problem :D

My husband and I are 28 an always wear them, our kids have them too. I have a black pair from when I was 16 that I still wear :haha: it's my old school vans I don't think I can carry off anymore, not so much my age but the way I dress now.

But yes mine always take a little while to break in, that's why I refuse to give up my 12 year old ones haha.

I love my converse but I find the sizing odd. I'm either a 4 or a 5, usually a 5, but I couldn't get the low style as length wise I needed a 5 but width wise I needed a 4. I got the medium ones and got a 5 and I lace mines tight. I am 27 and don't plan to give up any time soon!

My husband and I are 28 an always wear them, our kids have them too. I have a black pair from when I was 16 that I still wear :haha: it's my old school vans I don't think I can carry off anymore, not so much my age but the way I dress now.

I haven't been able to make my vans work with anything lately, I plan on vicariously living through my daughter and getting her some instead :rofl:

But yes mine always take a little while to break in, that's why I refuse to give up my 12 year old ones haha.

I wasn't happy having to throw mine away but they had holes in them! They last so well and look better if a bit worn I think

Thanks ladies. I'm popping into town on Monday with OH, child free, so I will try them on to see what size to go for. I'm lucky if I can get a pair of shoes to last a year so I'd be extatic if a pair lasted me 12 years.
Realised today I literally have 1 pair of shoes in the house that are comfortable to wear and they are bright orange. To think, pre kids, I used to have a whole room with a special wardrobe that oh biltong me that went along 3 walls of the room, just to house my clothes and shoes.

I have vans but not converse (31), only I've got big feet and look like a clown in them though :haha:

I love converse. My only advice is don't wear them outside on really rainy days. They soak through. Beyond that, they're very comfortable.

I've only had one pair and found them oddly sized! The size 5 were too small amd the size 6 were too big. I bought the 6 and they did nothing but rub me and give me blisters!

I really hated my converse. They were so sore to wear for ages and gave me blisters. Even now they're not sore but definitely not finding them comfortable. Majority of my friends love them and my son loves them and from this thread I'm definitely in the minority :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->