Convince me an Amber necklace will work!

JakesMummy

Expecting
Reaction score
Hi! :flower:

Basically, I have read and know about those amber necklaces and in the past, always thought it was just a fad. But after reading some stories on here, I am curious now!

My lo is definitely starting to teethe as she is furiously chomping on anything, including me (ow!) and can get quite irritable. We try all the other items for teething including the granules, but nothing seems to be helping.

So, tell me your success stories and if possible, can you provide link/s to a reputable company..How much would I be looking at paying?

I paid about $25 for mine. DH hates it so doesn't use it ever... but I didn't notice a huge difference or anything.... but like i said DH always took it off. I want to find it and try again.

I reckon my OH would be the same with it! Can you also get anklet versions?

We bought one and it didn't help, bought another one and it helps.. Tested them both and first one was a fake!!

Aleena stopped drooling 1-2 days after she first got it.
No more angry fist in mouth screaming episodes!
And it's been like 4 months!!

Google inspired by Finn

Aww I hope mine isn't a fake!! And you can get anklets. I wrap the necklace we have around Rosie's ankle sometimes

They don't work, but they are nice looking. I tested ours and it was real.

We found ours worked with DS1. If still had grizzly nights but nothing anywhere near as bad as before we put it on. It cost about £17 I think. Apparently necklaces are more effective than anklets for teething as they work better the closer to the pain they are.

I bought one, I read that the color is important as well. I am quite sure the lighter amber is more effective.

You can wrap the necklace around their ankle if you are uncomfortable with the location. It works just the same.

What the heck is this amber necklace thing you are all talking about?

What the heck is this amber necklace thing you are all talking about?

It's a necklace made of amber beads that eases the pain of teething. If you Google it you'll find info about how they work - something to do with amber having healing properties that seep in through the skin.

I wasn't sure at first but am a firm believer now. We have had our for about a month now. I actually just ordered an anklet off eBay. Hope it works as well. Even my hubby who isn't into that sort of thing agrees. She still drools like crazy but isn't in as much pain.

I've been interested in these necklaces as well for a long time. I think i'm finally going to cave and buy one. Lo has enough issues, If i can elevate her tooth pain i will. But, i'm not sure what kind of length i should get?

What length did everyone settle on for their LO's?

We first tried one with Hayden, my 3rd, but we didn't get it until he was about a year old and had 4 teeth. He had a horrible time with those teeth, would barely sleep, was so fussy, barely ate because it hurt for anything to touch his gums...he really was miserable. So I was willing to give anything a try though I was really skeptical it would actually work. Bought one from a very popular company here (inspired by finn-we bought the 4 color one) and it made a huge difference right away. He got a few more teeth in soon after getting it and some of those teeth we had no clue they were even coming in until we saw them. He was a completely different child with it. I really think it was the best thing we ever bought for him baby gear wise. It definitely worked for him. It is also said to boost their immune system which I really think it did for him as well.

I bought one for Preston before he was ever born because of how well it worked for Hayden I wanted to have it on hand. Turned out Preston had some health issues, one of which was kidney problems that caused him some pain. At about 5 wks he just kept screaming out in pain randomly, it was so sad. I was willing to try anything so we put his necklace on and he didn't just randomly scream anymore! He now has 2 teeth (almost 6mo) and he did have a pretty hard time with them the few days before they came through so it doesn't seem to work AS well for him or maybe those were just really tough being his first ones? But I did forget to put it back on after a bath one of those nights and it was by far the worst night so I do think it's still helping quite a bit just wasn't fully taking the pain away.

Anyway....I highly recommend them. They don't work for every child but it's worth a try, for some it works amazingly well. The lighter creamier colors are supposed to work the best BUT we've had 2 4 color ones, a honey colored one and a tea colored (honey that isn't fully polished) and they have all worked great...the difference between the colors isn't huge

Myles used to have his necklace on during the day and we swapped it for an anklet at night. One morning, he didn't have his anklet on so I assumed daddy had changed him and swapped for the necklace and didn't think anything of it. Myles had gone from calpol a couple of times a day to not at all since we had the necklace. About 11am that day, I decided to put him to bed with some calpol because he was in pain, very grumpy, dribbling everywhere etc. and was quite worried because it normally hadn't really hit him until the evening. It was only when I was getting him ready for bed that I realised his necklace wasn't on. I had noticed enough of a chain with regards to how much pain my child was in, whilst being completely unaware that he didn't have his necklace or anklet on.

Nowadays, we leave his necklace on all the time apart from when we're at swimming. A couple of weeks ago we had a repeat of the same thing - thinking about giving calpol etc. and it's because I'd forgotten to put his necklace back on.

When we got it, I always said I don't know if it's making any difference because I don't know what he'd be like at the minute without it, but for the sake of it possibly making a difference that I'd keep it on. After those two experiences, where both times we had no idea he was without his necklace I'd class it as one of our must have baby items and wouldn't be without it.

i havent used one so i cant really comment on this but i wanted to say that we've been told by our local childrens centre to be very careful as they present a choking hazard especially ones bought of the internet that arent safety certified. just passing on that info.

How can you test for fakes?

I got my first one from amberteethingnecklace.co.uk, (or something like that), and my second one was from a WAHM. Both are genuine (I've tested them). I know ladies on here have also bought from Amber Pumpkin, Dino Daisy and Bums 'n' Roses. In terms of safety, any reputable site will have ones where the beads are individually knotted (so they don't scatter if the necklace snaps) and the thread is designed to break if too much pressure is put on it (so that it isn't a choking hazard if it happens to get caught). My LO doesn't even notice hers, and it's usually tucked under her clothes anyway :)

For us, the difference between having a necklace and not having one was astounding. My LO was "teething" before she was 3 months - not actually cutting teeth, but the process starts by the saliva changing composition to allow it to break down the gums for the teeth to come through. My Health Visitor was referring us to the saliva clinic as Roo drooled constantly, she had a horrible rash from all the drool and I was going through bibs and outfits like nothing on earth. Put the necklace on her, and it was like someone turned the tap off within a day. She still drooled a little, but it was "normal" baby amounts.

She's now 2, and still wearing a necklace. The only time I tend to know that she has new teeth is when they appear, and then I realise that she's been a little bit grumpy and her nappies were a bit bleurgh for a few days prior to the tooth appearing.

There will always be people who tell you that they are ridiculous and can't possibly work, but at the end of the day all you can do is try it. I don't believe that I can somehow extend my belief in the necklace into having some kind of placebo effect on a baby :haha:

My cousin swears by them for her twins and gets them from tearlessteething.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->