• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

convinced i could be pregnant with more than one... other half thinks im nuts!!!

amberdawn

Reaction score
i have two other children my 4 yr old boy and 18 month daughter.. i was weaning but still breastfeeding when i got pregnant.

i am 11 weeks and i did have a six week ultrasound but i read that many did not find out about twins until after 9 weeks and nothing showed up before that.

i have heartburn almost all the time and i have to go to the bathroom so often. this is unlike my other two pregnancies. these symptoms did not start till i was at the end of my second trimester. also i have a larger appetite with this one even though i still have morning sickness. my other two pregnancies i lost weight in my first trimester but this one i gained weight even though i am still as sick as my other two pregnancies.

is it just me or could they have missed a twin on my six week ultrasound? this one just feels so different!!! i am hoping i am just being paranoid, not that i would not want twins i just dont want twins right now.

I wouldn't panic too much, I'm not sure about not finding out until 9 weeks but this pregnancy could just be totally different! With my DD I had no sickness what so ever, no symptoms or anything. But with this one I've been really ill, all the common symptoms, toilet breaks constantly! I'd just wait and see until your next scan :)

I've had to pee frequently in the early days with almost all my pregnancies, it's a hormonal thing in the 1st tri.
As for heartburn I also didn't get it till around 30 weeks with DS2 but I've had bouts of it already. Only one bub and heartbeat seen it my 6 week scan :)
I guess you will find out at your next scan lol :)

I think you're probably ok! I mean there's always the slim chance they missed it...but I just had my 7 week ultrasound and the tech said it would be hard to miss a twin at this point. Not impossible, but not likely she said. I asked the doc what the deal is with my intense symptoms this time...thought maybe it was due to age (I am 31 and was 25 when I had my first) so perhaps my body was taking a little harder to it...but he ultimately said just the genetic make up in each baby brings on a different amount of things with each pregnancy. Makes sense I suppose. I will admit, I thought I was having twins too and breathed a deep sigh of relief when I saw ONE healthy bouncy bean in there today!!! :winkwink:

I have twins on board and have had a series of early ultrasounds. I can't imagine them missing something. Even at 6 weeks it was very clear that there were 2 there and they were able to measure heartbeats and everything. My sonographer saw within seconds that there were 2 babies.

You've got to remember every pregnancy is different!

There could be a chance but I wouldn't say your symptoms are an indicator of it. Good luck :)

My boyfriend thinks I'm having twins.

Its our first pregnancy, and it would be exciting and nuts to have twins. We don't get an US until Nov 21, at 12 weeks pregnant.

Goodluck!:)

I'm simaler, but with my first I had all these symptoms at the beginning aswel so that's normal for me. What's not is how I can almost feel somthing in my stomach already and the act my backs already a bit sore (must be hormones) I'm only suppose to be about 5 weeks haha. An cause my Granda on mums side was a twin!

Are there twins in the family? I have twin brothers and twin cousins. Also my husbands auntie was a twin and grandmother. My symptoms are different this time... started much earlier and i am thinking it could be but i also remember thinking it was twins last time. Perhaps because there is a risk you have convinced yourself. Like i keep worrying mine is eptopic because im pregnant straight off the pill even though dd was straight off the pill too.
If you are havibg a 12 week scan it wont be long before you find out.:happydance:.

It's extremely rare for them to be missed, mine were extremely obvious at 7 weeks. My symptoms were my least serevre with then twins.

twins run in my family my grandmother had 2 sets of twins and my mom had one set of twins. did i mention that i am feeling movement already.. since about 10 weeks or so

I feel exactly the same. I'm almost convinced I'm having two!! There are no twins on either sides of the family but there's something in my gut that says there's two. I already have four so I guess two more wont make much difference. Haha xx

Wishing you the best of luck. Twins run in our family as well. However, if you join various twin pages and expect twins you know that movement is not felt any earlier than with singletons. In fact, I'm 18 weeks and have yet to feel true movement.

It's very common not to feel it with twins because you're more likely to have placenta previa and an anterior placenta, both of which I have.

We found out it was twins at 6w0 days. They were in the same sac and very risky identicals, but it was obvious in seconds to our ER sonographer who then spent 45 minutes talking about twin girls in the ER the week before to prepare us for the best surprise of our lives.

Symptoms were peeing every hour, ms that started on dpo 7-8.

that is one thing that i noticed this pregnancy i pee soo much more often than i did with my other 2 pregnancies and my morning sickness started when i was about 3 1/2 weeks pregnant. i found out really early from a blood test. the other odd thing was my hcg levels. they were 1200 at 3 weeks.

LucyLake I can't believe you're 19 weeks already! So exciting!
Amberdawn when will you have another scan to see?

i have a scan scheduled for dec 11th but i am hoping to get an earlier scan from my doctor as there have been some concerns with possible contractions and frankly i am huge for 12 weeks..

Attachments

• 1378443_625704734135598_489618670_n.jpg
    1378443_625704734135598_489618670_n.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1376579_625705367468868_792230448_n.jpg
    1376579_625705367468868_792230448_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 1382050_625707454135326_1459252630_n.jpg
    1382050_625707454135326_1459252630_n.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
Don't worry about feeling different. My first two girls were identical, then my third was so different I was convinced it was twins or a boy but nope, another girl lol. Different pregnancies can be totally different than before.

i have a scan scheduled for dec 11th but i am hoping to get an earlier scan from my doctor as there have been some concerns with possible contractions and frankly i am huge for 12 weeks..

Wow you have got a big bump for 12 weeks! Sure you havent got quadruplets in there? :winkwink:

That is some bump for 12 weeks!! Can you get a private scan? I was also convinced that I was having twins but just one in there, I have a tiny bump and I am 16 weeks nearly. Hope you get the news you are looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->