Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

JayDee

Sunshine and rainbow
Reaction score
Moving on to https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...rs-christmas-cake-09-mummies.html#post4067850

Hi all

Not confirmed yet, but think my due date is going to be just before Christmas.

Anyone in a similar position want to join in for online chatting??

x

We now have quite a few regular posters, listed below with due dates and teams

Jaydee 20 December team blue :blue:
Piemistress 20 December team yellow :baby:
Daisybee 23 December team pink :pink:
TTCbabyno1 25 December team yellow :baby:
Amerikiwi 28 December team pink :pink:
Emma1980 28 December team blue :blue:
Meerkat 28 December team yellow :baby:

We're all having our first babies, so are helping each other though the random things that happen in pregnancy.....

Yay - mine is due 18th December going by ovulation/conception and AF dates.....guess it will change a bit at scan!

I'm in..........

Count me in! By LMP, i'm due before Christmas, but by ovulation I'm due December 29.

Yay for Christmas and New Years babies :happydance:

Hi ladies!

How's everyone doing?

I went to my first doctor's appointment today and had pregnancy confirmed. Estimated due date is "December 28 or 29th" just as FF predicted. Starting to feel real now, but still peeing on a stick every morning to see those two beautiful lines!

I'm going to the doctors after work today to make it official.

I feel fine, don't really have any symptoms at all apart from feeling a bit light headed up I'm getting used to that now.

I did the clear blue digi test on saturday morning and, again, it came up straight away, literally in less than 30 seconds so I guess I don't need to worry about trusting the result!

Went car shopping at the weekend - luckily no-one has really asked why it's only now we want a sensible car! (we currently have a 2 seater convertible, not very baby friendly!)

Am getting more and more invites to more and more social events (poor poor me I know) in May and June - am going to have to think of lots of excuses not to be drinking (I'd normally have a glass or two at least unless I was driving) although have a feeling I might have to fess up before 12 weeks at this rate - ah well....

Glad all went ok at your docs appointment - other than make you poas what else did they do? (Would be interesting to compare UK to NZ I think)

x

Hi girls.... I am feeling exhausted already. Also my bb's were really sore all weekend which is a new thing for me. Having leg aches as well which I have never gotten before getting pregnant.

I have been poas quite regularly since got my first bfp. Liking to see it really dark - makes my day!
Good luck at dr's today JayDee! I dont go back until May 18th.

I last poas on Friday to see how dark it would get :rofl: Darker than the control line :happydance:

My bbs were hurting a week before I got the bfp so its been a big long painfest:rofl:

Thanks Daisy - will give you an update tomorrow I'm sure :)

Yay - mine is due 18th December going by ovulation/conception and AF dates.....guess it will change a bit at scan!

I'm in..........

OOohh 18th me too...unless the midwife says otherwise!! LOL, well I'll find out on My1st.

Oooh count me in, I love cake! I'm due on 28th December!

im in too! im due 15th dec, so happy baby will be here for xmas!
im so tired, and ms just setting in but i really couldnt be happier! xx

hello ladies! I'm due the 16th of December! :happydance: x

hey 11th dec for me :)
early scan on mon so hoping all is well!

:cloud9:6w+3d

I went and saw a nutritionist this afternoon - Im glad I went - talked about fish, artif. sweetners, etc. Feeling uck today including other end of ms. No one talks about this part of pregnancy... but actually liking that Im feeling this way - somehow is proof that Im pregnant I guess. For some reason keep doubting the hpts and blood tests. :rofl:

Hi Daisy,

How was your doctor visit? It would be quite interesting to see UK vs NZ.

Mine started with POAS which of course was positive. :happydance: After that I was given a big envelope full of brochures and information sheets and the doc went over them with me. Mainly stuff about folic acid, nutrition, choosing a midwife, nuchal scanning and the birthing process (told her I'd look at that one later thanks!). I had just had a smear test and full infection swabs taken a month ago, so didn't have to do that yesterday. Normally in NZ, you're then sent for bloodwork testing blood group, rubella immunity, syphilis, HIV, blood count, and possibly a couple other infectious diseases. I had already gotten this blood workup when in first started TTC so didn't have to pull more bloods.

Here they dont actually have you go to dr. until you are at least 8 weeks. Since I was in last week wanting to get hcg levels I have had my bloods done - otherwise normally wouldnt have been done. I specifically asked at my annual last Thursday if I could get referred to a nutritionist (otherwise they will eventually set you up with one by the end of your first tri) weird huh? By that time your 1/3 done! So today was just about nutrition and how much to eat - and limit sweetners to 2 products a day (example if you have yogurt with sweetner and a diet pop that is your limit) also - limit tuna and local fish but otherwise should be ok. Do not eat any items with raw egg in them... salad dressings, etc. always cook all your meat fully - even burgers, steak etc. so no pink in them. Eat more dairy and protein then usual. Limit foods like brats and dont eat the ones in prepackage. Diet frozen ice cream & ice cream treats can cause icky tummy issues and can get worse with being pregnant - so limit those.

So I dont get all my brochures from OB for another month. DH is supposed to come to that appt and it will take 2 hrs at least they said.

Good nutrition info! Thanks Daisy.

Jaydee, how'd your doctor's appointment go today?

Morning all - and welcome everyone who has joined up since I last logged in yesterday.

Doctors was... disappointing, didn't even do a test!

Conversation was basically:

Dr: Hello, what can I help you with?
Me: I'm pretty certain I'm pregnant
Dr: Have you had a positive home pregnancy test
Me: Yep, two
Dr: Congratulations! Where would you like to have the baby?
Me: Erm...... hospital (we live about 15 miles away from the closest one so it was a bit of a strange question I thought)

Worked out due date (22 Dec) on some little wheel thing
Asked if I was trying to conceive and if I was taking folic acid (assume the former q was just to figure out if I'd been taking folic acid before pg)
Said
to avoid racket/contact sports and heavy exercise (told her I was not a gym bunny so it was fine)
foods to avoid (nothing we don't already know or that isn't on NHS website - if anyone wants the link let me know) strangely she said a bit of alcohol was ok if I really wanted it (only 1-2 units), assured her I would avoid from now on given my boozy night out on 10 April when I had tested negative - too early to test I guess. (Told me not to worry about that as well).

Referred me to the midwife for an initial appointment and the 12 week scan.

I did manage to get her to say if I really needed to take hayfever tablets then use piriton, but try not to if possible (she took them with her daughter she said).

Gave me a bunch of booklets on: pregnancy week by week, healthy eating during pregnancy, breast feeding (! - guess they just give you them all at once) early scans/early testing (which is a chargeable extra that you have to drive 60 miles for). OH was a bit annoyed that they were all heavily sponsored by baby product companies "why are they just giving you adverts!" but it's just like reading a magazine.

So, I'm just waiting for the letter(s) from the midwife to see when I have to go and see her.

(And yes, it was a female doctor, I did write SHE)

So that was uneventful.

I'm doing ok apart from that, feel fine. Am actually feeling so fine that I'm wanting to poas again to check I'm still pregnant! Really I know I am, much rather this than feeling sick all the time!

Hope everyone else is ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->