Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

Hi ladies, got room for a little 'en???? I'm due Dec 25th!!! So a real christmas cracker coming our way this year!

I found such a lovely group of ladies while ttc on here and would love to have the same connection with pregnancy buddies.

My first symptom was white/milky cm (TMI!!) that quickly followed by nasal congestion (i really thought i was going to die from the sinus pain!) and now very very tender and sensitive breasts (even wearing a bra can be painful! Definately putting one on is!) Hoping that the m/s doesn't come my way!!

I've seen my dr - who told me my edd, and told me it was to early for any referals to the midwife or for a scan and i should come back in 2 weeks (quite miffed about that but that's another story)

I've been trying hard to get in the 5 a day.... but like you JayDee getting to about 3 really. I'm taking a multi-vit which includes folic acid (esp for pregnancy) so i don't feel too bad about that!

I avoid the caffine (as i'm not a big tea or coffee drinker anyway) so haven't had one hot drink for about 3months! But i do like coke! (naughty naughty) but swtiched to diet caffine free when we started ttc. So have about 2 glasses of that per day.

Breakfast - some cereal if i can manage it (never use to eat that early so hit and miss!)
Midmorn - fruit/veg sticks and hommous & coke
Lunch - sandwich/ciabatta or salad with fruit juice/cordial/squash and chocolate!
Dinner - cooked meal with hubby & coke

My diet looks pretty bad now that i've written it down! Will try better!
LOL

Of course there is room for another one - a proper Christmas baby too, how exciting!

Your diet looks a bit better than mine, at least you are having the fruit as a snack mid morning.

I noticed the other day that some of the little bottles of smoothie count as 2 portions of fruit, I think this might be the way forward for me.

I'm taking folic acid (have been since TTC) but no other vitamins as I'm hoping to improve diet instead as it's got to be better all round. If I can't manage it soon I will go for some pregnacare or similar just to make sure....

I have been hungier than usual - but eating small meals instead of larger ones. The nutritionist I saw told me that the really important food groups when you are pregnant are dairy and protein & that a lot of women dont get enough of these - so figure if Im getting in some milk & cheese during the day and some kind of meat for supper Im doing ok. Im usually eating crackers or cereal in the morning - trying to have milk in morning too but sometimes sounds uck so having 100% juice instead. I used to be a sugar fan too but not craving it at the moment - so really havent been eating any ice cream treats/popsicles/choc/candy. I have a snack midmorning (like a banana or some crackers) and usually small lunch - toast with either sunflower butter or cheese and a little fruit. Not a big fruit fan so having to remind myself that I should eat it. Afternoon's Im usually so busy that Im grabbing whatever's closest - some crackers usually. Dinner weve been grilling out a lot right now - so chicken, steak, or some fish, with veggies and usually rice. I stopped drinking coffee around xmas so been off of it for a while now - but was craving it before I got pregnant - dh made some the other morning (usually he just gets it at work) and I couldnt stand the smell of it! I had been drinking diet caffiene free soda before I went to see the nutritionist - who gave me packets on art. sweetners. Which are safe which arent and that I should limit to 2 food items a day that have sweetners because there isnt a lot of research out there. So to be on the safer side I've cut it out of my diet almost completely. Drinking juice or just more water. Drinking a lot of water all day and evening- very thirsty right now.
Taking a prenatal which the dr. said was what I should do. I want to get in more veggies - probably at lunch should have one - will work on that one.

I have been eating the same really...no cravings or anything like that. Just trying to make sure I get my fruit and veggies in.
Jaydee, my friends think I am mad when I turn down a drink too. Some of them I am sure have already figured it out. I actually had a party at my place for a team I am on and I drank non alcoholic beer all night and pretended it was from the Keg! haha I had em all fooled.

I struggle to eat as it is, nevermind healthy things :rofl:

im due 24th december so can i join too? xx

Hi all. As far as I know (based on O date) I am due Christmas day. I feel barely anything different and that scares me a little but 8 tests don't lie! I have cereal for breakfast, snack throughout the day and have dinner with hubs at night. Also lots of juice and chocolate milk.

Can't wait for my little Christmas cookie!!!

:)

When did your sickness start Kristin? Have heard a lot of people there's didnt start til 6-7 weeks - so the rest of us might be shortly behind you! Hope it lets up soon for you though - doesnt sound like fun. At least its for a good reason! :hug:

:wave: Hi to all the new christmas cake bakers!

Today I feel a lot more symptoms than previously. I never thought I'd be happy about feeling nausea (although not actively sick), tired, and sore boobs. It's somehow reassuring though.

Kirstin, how are the m/s cures working for you?

When did everyone stop POAS or have you?! After the first 3 days i limited myself to doing one every two days. My brand ones went darker than control line early on, but my internet cheapies are still getting darker!

Today is the first day that I've woken up and felt a bit sick. I don't think I will be, the best way to describe is when you have a hangover and aren't sure whether you're going to be sick or not!

Luckily it's not getting any worse at the minute, but it could be a sign of things to come.

Kirsten - I'm sorry that you've got the sickness for all of us at the moment, hope you feel better soon.

I haven't poas any more since the weekend, although it doesn't seem real still. I'm going with no bleeding = baby for now!

I'm thinking I am going to have to tell my friends next weekend as we're going away on a hen weekend. Not only will I not be able to drink, but won't be able to do any random activities that seem to be being planned. At the end of the day, I wouldn't mind them knowing if (heaven forbid) something goes wrong so it might be better than them thinking I'm just being really boring and annoying all weekend....

Sucking polos PERMANENTLY kind of works, nothing else really does. :(

We'll all stock up on polos then just in case.

Thanks for the tip, hope you feel better soon.

Anyone else feeling any different?

hi im due on boxing day if anyone wants to chat?

How was everyone's weekend?

We made our first baby purchase - a new car! Should get it in a few weeks.

Also gave in and told the parents (and siblings) the news. Am going to have to fess up to my girlfriends this weekend as we're on a hen weekend (can't get away without drinking for 3 days).

The good news is my mum was telling me that she didn't get morning sickness, just felt a bit sick but never was, didn't really get that much of a bump with me (managed with clothes a size bigger and baggy tops) and was a week early with us both.
Hoping it runs in the family, that sounds fine to me!

:rofl: The first thing my OH done was buy a new car.

Morning sickness is driving me MAD, being sick 3 times in 1 hour, have eaten nothing today and all i've drank is half a bottle of ribena :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->