Cooking our little Christmas cakes - late Dec babies

I cant stand the sickness anymore:cry: I cant even go out to get some cures because I dont want to be sick in the street.

Aww honey - hope it doesn't last too long, not sure what to suggest other than get OH on shopping duty and hopefully you can have some remedies by tomorrow x

Hi, I'm expecting an extra Xmas pressie this year too! Going on my ov dates (as have long cycles) reckon I'm due 22nd Dec so just turned 5 weeks today.
So far feeling fine, just feel really tired all morning then spring into life in the afternoon and peeing loads.

Sorry to hear your appt was uneventful for you JayDee - maybe thats why they dont have us come in so early over here..... we dont have midwives here - you can have a regular gp for prenatal and that dr will deliver your baby - or you can go to obgyn (they have done my paps, etc) you have 1 obgyn for your prenatals and then whoever is on call will deliver your baby.

Hope your feeling better Kristen - I agree let OH go get something for you.

:happydance: for all these Dec babies!! Hope everyone is doing well!

I don't mind so much, other than I'd deliberately not been to the loo before I went in case she wanted me to poas so I was really needing to go by the time I left!!

I've written it somewhere else I think but I have a feeling we just have a bank of midwives that do pre/post natel stuff, and unless you have a home birth, just luck of the draw at the hospital the day you go into labour whether you recognise anyone or not.

I'm a bit sad, but I find it interesting how different it is in different countries...

Hey Everyone! I am in Canada and due December 23rd! Can I join you?

Welcome along one and all - can't believe we have so many Xmas (give or take a week or two) babies on the way....

Must have been a baby boom on B&B!! :happydance: makes it exciting doesnt it?

OH was away with work so I had to suffer but he came back with some travel sickness bands, polos, ginger nuts and ginger bread:D

Glad to hear OH got you ginger goodies and travel sickness bands Kirstin. Hope the M/S isn't too bad for you.

Except for my boobs growing, I've not had many symptoms yet. It's funny that I always had heaps of symptoms during the 2WW when I wasn't pregnant!

Glad you've got some remedies now Kristen, let us know which ones work best so we can be prepared!

The only thing that I'm noticing physically is boobs growing (which is great cos they are on the small side normally, quite liking the extra boost!). I'm also feeling a bit dizzy/light headed and seem to be forgetting stuff.

No having any cravings for weird food, trying hard to eat healthy but I just can't get to 5 a day of fruit and veg (averaging about 3 which can't be too bad).

Like you Amerikiwi, I also had lots more symptoms in my first month TTC (food cravings, feeling sick, forgetting stuff etc) - weird how your body works sometimes isn't it?

How is anyone else doing? x

Hi guys!

Can i squeeze in?
I am due 31st december!
xx

My obgyn has decided that I need to come in either this week or next week for my first "real" appt. Sounds like they are wanting to see me more often to keep checking my blood pressure - which has gone down actually which makes me relieved. The only day I can get a sub for work is Mondays - and they said no .. first available appt is thurs Apr 30 (and its not even with My obgyn - its with a dr I dont know) and I asked if I could do it the Monday following & she said no... it HAS to be this week or next week - so they basically made me come in on that certain day. Well that's not going to work - so going to call in today and get something else figured out. Doesnt make sense for me to tell all my family history etc to a different dr. anyway - dont you think??

I have been having lots of indigestion and urgency to go #2 (tmi i know). Feeling ick in the am if I dont eat right when I wake up - but didnt happen this morning so hope that is a good sign - not bad. Having leg aches which never had before getting pregnant. I am forgetting what I am saying a lot - but maybe because Im distracted?? My bb's are very sore since last Friday. I am very large chested - havent noticed getting bigger - but I think would be harder to notice on me. Not having any food cravings. Still cramping sometimes but not as much as last week -sometimes in evenings noticing them & waking up at night with them (like 3am ) and they settle down shortly after they start.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

You are really having problems with these medical peps aren't you?

Don't really think it matters who you tell, they have so many patients that they are unlikely to remember each one personally anyway (or am I too cynical)??

x

Maybe its because Im originally from a small town - I had the same dr while growing up - & he always new what had been in my past. Even now in a bigger town - most people have their usual gp - which is the way the clinic does it... my dh has the same dr as his dad & his dr knows the family history, etc. For obgyn - we are supposed to see the same dr. all the way through pregnancy- not just switch around - so I think thats why I assumed it was for a reason. Just seems weird to me our longest appt (supposed to be at least 2 hrs they said) is with a different dr. Oh well - not anything big enough to worry about! Lol!

Yeah, if that's the case it's a bit weird.

And I agree, it would be nice if it was like that, bit more personal, you're not just a name on a page then.

I don't think we even get allocated one midwife, just a group of them and it's luck of the draw which one you get at which point....

Wow that is a lot different then - now I dont feel so bad. I got them to reschedule to Monday May 4th (still a different dr) At least it is a day that will work better for me!

Have any of you girls been eating differently? Just curious.....

Eating - I'm trying REALLY hard to eat more fruit and veg, but I just can't force myself to eat the 5 a day that you're meant to have. I've been averaging 2-3 which, in my view, is better than the 1 that I probably used to have!

I'm not really fancying lots of food at the minute, I'm eating it, but usually I have quite a sweet tooth (chocolates, cakes, sweets, anything) but I'm not that fussed with those at the minute either (which I guess is good from a health point of view.

The only thing I've done is tried to only have one cup of tea a day (used to have 3 or 4 sometimes) and have switched the diet coke to caffine free, but trying to have water or cordial instead.

I generally have cereals for breakfast, a sandwich or soup and bread for lunch and a proper cooked meal in the evening. Will have the occasional take away and don't intend to stop that, just might not pick certain dishes now.

The hardest thing is going to be no alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I can take it or leave it, but certainly until I tell them, my friends will think I've gone mad when I turn down a cocktail. Ah well....

Anyone else??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->