cooled boiled water!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
my Lo gets herself very wound up at times!! i think she has really bad acid!! health visitor told me of gaviscon you can get from docs... but in the mean time i found cooled boiled water really settled her yesterday!!

how often can you give it?

I offer it to Chloe if she's crying and doesnt need anything obvious. If she wants it she wolfs it down- one evening had 7oz straight down, other times she wont touch it.

How can you tell if they're hungry or need a bit of water though? Grace feeds like there's no tomorrow but sometimes she'll get really frustrated and throw her arms and legs about and shake her head but still be sucking

Chloe has a very distinctive, different cry when she's hungry

she was crying like she does when she was hungry but she only fed an hour and half before i offered the water! so i knew she wasnt hungry!! Just wanted something!!

I offer it to Chloe if she's crying and doesnt need anything obvious. If she wants it she wolfs it down- one evening had 7oz straight down, other times she wont touch it.

so it doesnt matter how much they have?? she only had about an oz and half but it did the trick :)

she was crying like she does when she was hungry but she only fed an hour and half before i offered the water! so i knew she wasnt hungry!! Just wanted something!!

Grace does that and a few times I've offered water but she pushes it out with her tounge and pulls a face once she realises it's not milk

Noone has ever told me how much she should have- she has what she wants, sometimes half an oz sometimes a whole bottle full

babies will take as much as they want.

if they drink it when its offered they obviously wanted it coz if not they will refuse to take it.

joshua has about an oz to 2oz a day.

after a bit he gets stressy with it.

ive found that joshua doesnt usually cry for a bottle he just gets stressy and has his hands at his mouth and gets stressy with them coz there isnt anything coming out.

It's true that they will take as much as they need when it's milk and they carry on drinking until they are full but you do have to be careful not to give her too much water - obviously it will fill their stomach and won't leave room for anything else if they are hungry but I'm sure you would make sure she's still having enough formula every day! The main problem if they have too much is that it can dilute the sodium in their bodies and cause intoxication, or make them more likely to develop jaundice (when they're very young) x

The thing is, Kalea drinks too much milk and then spews. I think it's because babies get thirsty like we do and we automatically assume they need milk.

thanks sams mum.... but 1oz or 2oz a day is ok??

:)

That's fine - I think it's only an issue when you're giving them lots of bottles of water because it's hot and you think they must be thirsty or something (most babies will realise that it doesn't taste as good as their normal bottles and won't have much anyway!) x

The thing is, Kalea drinks too much milk and then spews. I think it's because babies get thirsty like we do and we automatically assume they need milk.

yeh courtney is a very sicky baby and I think sometimes she is just a little thirsty rather than hungry!!

yeah joshua is sicky,ill try him with water more often

How can you tell if they're hungry or need a bit of water though? Grace feeds like there's no tomorrow but sometimes she'll get really frustrated and throw her arms and legs about and shake her head but still be sucking
Sometimes when babies do this it is their cue for tiredness too....shaking head as they dont want any type of stimulant/light/noise and the sucking(hands mainly) look like tiredness but they are trying to self soothe.
I got to grips with tabs hungry and tired cues and that helped a great deal....now she gets the dummy for 5 mins then spits it out and she nods off.
Just a thought

Sometimes when babies do this it is their cue for tiredness too....shaking head as they dont want any type of stimulant/light/noise and the sucking(hands mainly) look like tiredness but they are trying to self soothe.
I got to grips with tabs hungry and tired cues and that helped a great deal....now she gets the dummy for 5 mins then spits it out and she nods off.
Just a thought

this is really interesting ... thanks hun!! Im still trying to work out what crys what with my baby!! She seems to spend alot of time crying!! I think she does suffer from bad colic though xx

I got that book,secrets of a baby whisperer.......the cues parts and signals were brilliant but some of it was pants......try and get a cheap copy off ebay etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->