Cord around neck??!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Anyone else terrified of the cord wrapping round baby's neck before/during birth?

I am terrified of this happening and dont know why.

Any advice or people had experiences of this?

I really dont know where the worry has came from. Just want everything to go ok.:cry:

i have nightmares that the cords wrapped so tightly around one of his limbs that he's born missing an arm or a leg - had this nightmare from very early on and it scares the shit out of me..

I think were just born to worry!

me! I don't know where it's come from either! I just keep thinking it's really likely for some reason!

Aidans cord was round his neck but luckly he was fine

Lots of babies are born with it aorund there neck it only becomes serious if it tightens.

Try not to worry hun
xx

My daughters cord was wrapped around her neck twice and tightly and they cut it after the head was delivered but before the bosy was out and she is fine. She was a little sleepy at birth but i think it was more due to the pethidine. x

My daughter callie had the cord around her neck twice, and it tightened during the birth as well, the doctor cut it loose as soon as her head came out!, after that they just took her straight away.. it took her a while to cry, the doctor said that it was normal and she was just in shock from it all.. She was just lovely after that little bit! everything will be just fine!

My dh asked about this at our antenatal class as we were worried about this and the midwife said if it happens most of the time it is nothing to worry about it and they just slip it off. I thought if would have been really serious if it happened but she didn't act like it was much of a prob if it happened as it's quite long and isnunlikely to be really tight

well i was induced n when they put me on the monitor his HR went low when he moved so they said it's prob due to his cord beeing round his kneck...but there was no need to worrie about it it'll be fixed when he comes out....n e way i began to get tired n so went into theatre to find he had his cord around both arms and around his kneck like a waist coat...sergeon said he's never seen it befor lol.....

but if it happens n it's serious they'll know theres no need to worrie about it

ruby had hers round her neck, they just pulled it over her head when she was half out, and she had no probs at all xxx

I wouldn't worry, My little brother had this as well, he was born blue but soon was alright!
most of the time it's nothing to worry about it.

I'm more worried my baby will manage to tie a complete knot in her cord as she is so active and now seems to change position every hour. I'm also worried about her getting the cord wrapped around her body and basically cutting off her oxygen.

I read recently that about a third of babies are born with cord round their neck - but it is easily removed during birth.

Nothing we can do really - thank goodness there are not many serious effects due to this!

My son had the cord round twice,they just slipped it off. it took 60 seconds for him to cry but the MW was so calm. try not to worry :hug:

my MW said not to worry as they dont breathe (air) anyway untill they are out with us, so the cord around their neck (as long as its not blood tight) makes no difference at all, it'd be like wrapping a hair tie around your finger, uncomfy yeah, but it wont drop off! She said true knots needed to be worried about but they are a rarity.

Hope she was right!

Josh had it wrapped round THREE times! He was a bit blue but totally fine x

our Alex had his cord wrapped twice around his neck,he was blue a little on his face but fine, don't worry it happens but the midwife will know what to do and she will tell you not to push if she see this(this is what happened in my case),so don't worry :thumbup::hugs:

The cord has been round the neck of my last three babies and they didnt suffer as a result (although Evie was becoming a little distressed with the contractions). As soon as the midwife sees the cord around the neck as the head crowns then she loosens it and pulls it over their heads before the rest of the body is even born. Please try not to worry too much. xx

I worry about it, too. I've read that it happens a lot and they just pull it off, but I still worry about it happening in such a way that they can't remove it in time. I know it's unlikely, but for some reason it really freaks me out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->