cosleeping with more than one child

Tacey

Reaction score
This is far too early for me to think about yet as my baby is only 5 months old but anyway...

We cosleep at the moment and really enjoy it. Ideally, I'd like to keep Alice in bed with us until she chooses to go into her own bed. I'd like to have baby number 2 when Alice is around 18 months - 2 years old and I'd want to co-sleep from the first day. Has anyone else done this? What arrangements have you made to sleep like that? My husband isn't keen on the idea of just having a mattress on the floor. Any advice?

i'd think it is possible but you will need a BIG bed!LOL i'd say you would need to have either you or your OH inbetween your older one and your Little one (ideally you should have baby on the outside as sometimes dads arent as aware of babies in bed. i would also reccomend a co sleeper cot or bed guard just to be on the safe side too :hugs:

sara

xxxx

We usually end up with 4 in bed, yes its a squeeze lol. We have bed guards both sides of the bed just incase but usually it's me, Lylah (so she can feed when she wants) Indie and then Steve. I dunno why both the babies go in the middle it's just the way it ends up.
Indie sleeps in her own bed most of the time but tends to come in our bed about 6 am

We co-sleep with Blythe and Kaya joins us half way through the night. We have a king sized bed and a guard on my side of the bed. So it goes bed-guard - Blythe - Me - Kaya - Barry. I would never let Kaya sleep next to Blythe as she is bad enough at poking her when she's awake, she'd probably knock spots out of her while asleep (there's also a real risk of smothering).

Start saving for a bigger bed. We have a 2 1/2 year old and I'm pregnant with our second. We still co-sleep with Hunter because we are like you, we want Hunter to decide on his own when he wants to sleep in his own room. We bought an Arm's Reach co-sleeper for baby #2 to sleep in for the first couple of months. Baby will be on my side of the bed and Hunter will be in the middle of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->