Cot death and worrying too much!

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
At what age do we need to stop worrying so much. I have been paranoid for months but last night he slept on his front and seemed fine. He can roll and back to front so surely I dont need to be forcing him on his back now? I know it peaks at 2/3 months but I dont know when we can just leave them to their own devices!

Well I was told that by the time a baby can hold their head up (ie by 3 months) the risk is very low so I wouldn't worry (too much ;)). Your baby would lift his head up if he was finding it hard to breathe.

Thanks I hope so. I dont know why but I feel like I can breathe a sigh of relief!

3 months is when the risk percentage falls. It was a major 'phew' for me even though I'm still paranoid :lol:

i too am terribly panicky, see my sleeping on front thread :dohh: for that :hugs: x

though looks like the risks have decreased for you now honey :hugs: x

cot death is more of a higher percentage for babies who already have breathing problems... IE asthma, living in a house where people smoke... or having a mother who smokes. But ya, once they can lift their head well it also decreases.

To be honest i still pannick now sometimes if i go in his room at night to check on him n i cant see him breathing i go over n check for his pulse sad i know but i pannick something will happen to him hes a healthy happy baby and hes over 1 now but hey :(

Goodluck with the stress! I hate it, its the worst part of motherhood! :hug:

Hannah sleeps whichever way she wants now, there's not really much I can do about it anyways.

i never really worried about this...mainly cos Maley breathes loudly and i seem to have xray ears...even when i am asleep...!! And Maley sleeps on her front since 1 week old

I still worry now, even though Sam's nearly 1 and I know the risks are so low at this stage. I think I'd be in there checking on him every 10 minutes if we didn't have his breathing monitor x

im glad im not the only one that worries about this , he has slept through the night since he was 6 weeks old but some nights i don,t get much sleep at all as sometimes i will jump out of bed from sleep to check on him & sometimes i can do this like up to 6 times in one night but other nights i sleep all night . xx

I still worry now, even though Sam's nearly 1 and I know the risks are so low at this stage. I think I'd be in there checking on him every 10 minutes if we didn't have his breathing monitor x

we have breathing monitor too hun but still i check on him n jump up from sleep to see if hes ok and leeons already 1 x

yea I agree thats the worst thing about motherhood - the constant worry!!!

I bought one of those breathing monitors too - its put my mind slightly at rest. But I still worry! I was told after about 10months not too worry so much?

i still worry now. the joys of being a mum x

i dont think a mother ever truley stops worrying lol..i mean dont get me wrong i dont sit here in a constant panik like i did day 1 haha but i do still worry sumtimes espec when im out and hes sleeping i have to touch his nose or something i just cant help it lol xx

I was so paranoid when Gabbi was first born, so got my to bring over the movement monitor, I sleep now :) I think I'll still be using until she passed 1 year or maybe 5 lol. I guess this is normal, part of being a mummy, even with the monitor, I stll check on her quite often, probably cause I can't get enough of her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->