Cotton Wool

Ready2Go

Mummy to 1 little lady
Reaction score
Good evening ladies!

On cotton wool... I can't touch it. The whole idea of it makes me want to spew... :sick: it realy goes through me.

Can I use something else instead for LO when she arrives? What do you need it for anyway?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you!

:haha:my friend has a phobia about cotton wool too. You could use damp toilet roll, kitchen paper may be stronger and thicker. You can get re-usable wipes like little flannels or just use wipes...I know they're not recommended by midwives in hospital but it's your baby and up to you. I find the Huggies wipes much gentler, the Pampers and Johnsons wipes sting my daughters faces when I use them as a clean up after choccy etc but Huggies wipes never sting them:thumbup:

I think (disposable or reusable) wipes are used for the same purpose. I'm not planning on buying any cotton wool... Reminds me of my grandmother, she used them for make-up removal! (I guess you could use make-up removal cotton disks too if they weren't so expensive)

If you are going to use wipes i would recommend huggies pure too. They are lovely and mild and they are nice and thick too unlike the flimsy johnsons and pampers ones. xx

I'd just use wipes too :thumbup:

Or like someone else said...buy loadsa cheap flannels and just keep washing them. You could even cut them in half to make them go a bit further! x

I have plenty of bamboo reusable wipes. Cheap and easy, rinse under outside tap and throw in washing machine. I am using them as I HATE cotton wool, goes through me!!
I also recommend Huggies wipes over any other when you come to wipes.

i HATE cotton wool yuk the cotton wool pads are bearable though if you dont wanna use wipes straight away

xxx

Just cringed reading this i hate cotton wool! My bubba has sensitive skin and the only ones his not reacted to are pampers sensitive wipes but i only use them on his bottom or any spills on his body for his face just get some soft tissue and dampen it to clean his face x

Just cringed reading this i hate cotton wool! My bubba has sensitive skin and the only ones his not reacted to are pampers sensitive wipes but i only use them on his bottom or any spills on his body for his face just get some soft tissue and dampen it to clean his face x

It's weird how they're all so different isn't it?:shrug: Even Pampers sensitive sting my kids but neither the fragranced and fragrance free Huggies do:wacko:

It's definitely a trial end error thing with kids....what milk, wipes, nappys etc are perfect for one child isn't necessarily right for another baby (or Mum:haha:)

Good luck everyone:thumbup::kiss:

im another huggies fan - the wipes and far more moist than all the other wipes we have used and therfore easier to use

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->