Couch to 5k buddy wanted :)

SazzleR

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I've decided to start the Couch to 5k programme & I'm going to go for it tomorrow! Eeek! Was hoping to find a buddy to help me :) Here's a bit of background as to why I'm doing it...

Before having LO, I was a keen gym go-er & exercised 3-4 times a week. I did spinning at least once a week, enjoyed Body Jam & Body Pump, did general work outs in the gym & also ran. I've never been a great runner but did the odd 10k & would train towards the races but outside of that would just run on & off.

I've always battled with my weight because I am a greedy cow :haha: There's no polite way to say that but it's the truth! I'm obsessed with food! My life revolves around food. Seriously! I don't eat meat, I love fruit & veg & I love to cook. My main problem is my portion control. I can out-eat DH no problem :blush: All celebrations etc involve food & never in my life has anything been 'too sweet' or 'too sickly'. You get the picture!

Prior to meeting DH my weight fluctuates between 9.5st & 10.5st. However I piled it on after meeting him & my weight gradually crept up to 12.5st :blush: Purely from over-eating as I was still exercising. At this peak, I dieted, lost a stone, we got engaged, my weight crept back up to 12st. With our wedding a year away, I joined WW & lost just over 2st. I kept it off until I got pregnant with LO & that was like someone giving me the go ahead to eat, eat, eat. And I did!!!

Not only did I stuff my greedy face, but I was so exhausted during first tri that I just didn't have the energy to do anything other than work & sleep (& eat obviously :haha: ) By the time I felt better in second tri, I was too embarrassed of my bump & other weight gain to go back to the gym so I cancelled my membership & that was the beginning of the end!

I was brave enough to return to WW when LO was 4 months old & was mortified to find I weighed 14st :( I lost just over 2st but then returned to work as a teacher & just lost my weight loss motivation completely with being so busy as a working mum.

I think I've put back on around half a stone so I'd still like to lose about another 1 & half stone to be happy. We plan to TTC in Jan & there's no way I want to fall pregnant at my current weight - I know I'll just end up even heavier than after having LO.

So it's time to face the music. I'm back to work a week in Monday so decided to start exercising tomorrow to give me a week to get used to it. The week after I go back to work I might think about re-joining WW too. I can't do it all at once!

I've downloaded the NHS podcasts tonight & have dug my old trainers out so this is it!

I hope someone wants to join me :flower:

I've just downloaded the podcast but thinking maybe I need to wait till my 6 week check before I start... I'll join you then though. The evenings will be darker too so less witnesses to the sweaty humiliating mess that I'll be!

You know, I really should get back into this program. lol I'd be happy to join you. I just need to find my Ipod...

Hi ladies, i think im ready to give it a go - what do i need to download?

Im 39, 5 5", and 13 stone. I want to get one stone off by xmas & any more than that would be fab. I lost a stone earlier this year using myfitnesspal & walking / exercise bike.
While I havent put that back on, i have been comfort eating a bit as its hard to cope with unsuccessful LTTC sometimes.

Anyway looking forward to getting stuck in.

Good luck X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"