Could anybody suggest a compromise? Announcing

I like the card idea. Maybe a combo of both.

When we told my parents we sat them down. We said we had a list if things for my dad to help fix. My husband then said and then we have one last thing. It's a large bill we may need help with. We handed them a large envelope (to look the part) and when they opened it they pulled out the ultrasound pictures.

I am in the same position with you, I want to do something "sweet", not just tell them with words, although this is our second. DH is sure his mom may not react as well as we hope (not in a bad way, in an overwhelmed panicky way) so he said "no cute stuff, just tell them, otherwise I don't want to be involved"...he has since said he will do whatever I want to do, but I can tell he'd rather just tell them straight.

I love the card idea, why does he think it will be a bad idea? I gave MIL (and later FIL) a wrapped gift, which was a picture frame with a picture of a stuffed monkey holding a positive digital test to announce DS. It went great!

I love your idea with the card! I think it's lovely. But I guess it should be something you both agree on. I wish we'd done something a little more exciting when we announced it to our parents. We both just called over the phone and told them the news. My Mom was asleep...just like she was when I told her I was engaged....made the announcement feel kind of lame.

I think it's important to make it an event. You should maybe have a further conversation with your spouse. You both need to come to a compromise that makes each of you happy. :)

We went the "not so exciting route" to tell our parents... we just told them LOL

But for everyone else I'm thinking of making a very cute Fall announcement.... so that will be to announce to ext. family, friends, and coworkers ;)

Have you asked him why he doesn't want to go with the card idea? He might know something about his parents that he isn't saying, like that they don't like surprises or he's worried about how they'll react to the news in general. I'm not saying that's the issue but maybe if you ask him why he wants to announce it that way and then tell him why you want to announce it your way, you can get to the heart of what's really going on. And maybe find some middle ground.

For what it's worth, I love the card idea! I think it's adorable!

I think he card idea sounds so fun! I hope he comes on board with the idea.
But I understand what you're dealing with...my DH is he same. He doesn't like making a big deal about it. He gets uncomfortable being center of attention. I guess we did the gender reveal party for our first so that was really exciting. I guess just talk to him and hear his reasons why. I do hope he comes around as your idea sounds so fun....and since it is the only set of grandparents you will be announcing to.

When telling my parents we put DD in a t-shirt saying 'I'm going to be a big sister' and didn't say anything just waited for them to notice, which didn't take long lol. With my hubby's parents he sent them both a text just saying we were having a baby. Shows how different both of our families are :haha: I like the card idea :)

I wrote on a ceramic candle holder with sharpie "Grandkids Light our Lives" and put all the grandkids names on it then "Baby Moore June 2015". It took my mom a bit to get it but she was so excited she cried!

Last time, I did a kids book about going to grandma and grandpa's and wrote a note inside to read it to me in *month due*.

She loves having a keepsake from being told. :)

We text DH's mom. We rarely see her. lol

When telling my parents we put DD in a t-shirt saying 'I'm going to be a big sister' and didn't say anything just waited for them to notice, which didn't take long lol. With my hubby's parents he sent them both a text just saying we were having a baby. Shows how different both of our families are :haha: I like the card idea :)

Love this idea!

Could you tell his parents in the way he wants to but them do more of an 'announcement' after twelve weeks to the rest of friends and family?

I wish we'd made more of a thing about telling parents but mine live away and I just wanted to tell them immediately because I was so emotional (scared and excited). After a couple of setbacks - but also a beautiful daughter - we've gone the boring route again this time because I wanted to tell my mum how I'm feeling and ask mil who lives close by for help with dd.

I'm not 100% confident which is why we've not done anything cute but couldn't wait to second tri! Maybe hubby feels a similar way and is trying to protect everyone's feelings?

Good luck. From experience, a nice announce my would be lovely!x

I agree the card idea is totally cute, and maybe you should talk to him and see what his issue is with it?

I also think there is a middle ground - you could nix the card but still make the announcement part more exciting, or get them grandparent t-shirts to give them after you tell them to get them excited too. It doesn't have to be a solemn sit-down, haha. We told my mother-in-law in person and just told her, but it was still super exciting :)

This is our second and I'm thinking of the "big sis" t-shirt idea as well, just wait until they notice (or let my LO point it out herself, haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->