Could baba be ready to drop a bottle?

August3

Mum of 2
Reaction score
FTM so forgive me for being a bit clueless!

The health nurse advised from 9 months baba should go down to two bottles - one at breakfast and another at tea time.

My wee one will be 9 months on the 28th of this month but isn't as interested in the bottle as she used to be. She takes her breakfast one well and then footers around with the other two. She is a good enough wee grubber on solids. We are doing BLW.

This is a fairly typical day of solids:
Breakfast - an egg yolk scrambled with cow's milk (allergic to the white) spread
on a half to two thirds slice wholegrain toast with butter
fruit

Lunch - sweet potato/pasta/sticky rice
some fish/meat
vegetables

Tea - yogurt/cheese
some fruit or veg
rice cakes/ corn sticks

Would you reckon I should see if she is ready to drop a bottle and maybe add in a few snacks? It would mean she would be just offered 16ozs of formula. Too little, do you think?

My DD is messing around with her afternoon bottle too. Once she consistently refuses it for a week or so then I will drop it altogether. I would offer for as long as poss but if she isn't drinking any then maybe drop it. Go with you instinct and not what the nurse says though xx

We've just dropped the afternoon bottle at 10 months as my daughter just plays around. I figured she'd get more nutrition from a snack than forcing 2oz of milk. She's now having around 12oz of formula so I give cows milk with cereal & give yoghurt/cheese etc. Our health visitor said a minimum of 21oz per day of milk but I've no chance of that!! Like others say do what you think is best x

Going to persist for a week or so in case it is just a reaction to cutting teeth at the moment

I dropped my mid morning and mid afternoon bottles a few weeks ago so my little boy who's just turned nine months has one in the morning (mostly mixed into porridge) and one at night. He varies between 10-14oz a day, usually closer to 10, but he just isn't interested in milk. It's been hard for me to accept and I've worried a lot about it. But my dr brother in law said to me 18-20oz a day is only a guideline for babies of all sizes and sometimes Mum's get so hung up on what guidelines state. So anyway I've accepted he isn't a big milk drinker, I give him plenty of dairy in his diet which is supposed to top up towards the guideline amount and I put him on baby vitamins on the advice of the health visitor.

You could always try adding another oz to the two bottles your baby does have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->