Could I be expecting? Help!

rayswicki

Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm new to this forum, so I wasn't exactly sure which category would be appropriate for this post, but hopefully right on here will be ok.

For about a month now, my boyfriend and I have been using the pull-out method. Now a few weeks later I find that I'm late for my period. Unfortunately for me, I don't know exactly how late I am, because these past few months I haven't been tracking (Except last month, Jan 31 is when my last period ended. Now it is March 4th) I am guessing about 5 days.

I would be thinking more certainly that something was up, if it weren't for several things:
-I had a UTI, and I've heard that can delay your menstrual cycle.
-My diet has been a bit up and down
-I have been a bit stressed recently from work

As for my symptoms, it is hard to tell what has been contributing to what.
At the moment I have the flu (Or a cold? It's hard to tell) I am slightly nauseous, headachy, fatigued, and very sore. It is easy to contribute that to the sickness, but it could be just layering the symptoms.

I am also incredibly distracted and forgetful these past few days. Could pregnancy brain come that early? (Again, can be contributed to stress) I am also quite a bit more emotional than usual these days. My chest is also feeling slightly different, and a bit heavy in the sense that it feels like there is pressure on them. Slight tingling throughout the day, but it's hard to tell if that's normal.

Also, I did take a pregnancy test. It came back (-), although it wasn't until after that on the box it said that it was 7th day of missed period and on, so I'm guessing that even if I was, the timing was inadequate.

I think that's all! If anyone happens to have had a similar experience, please share!

Thanks so much all!

Ray.

The only way you'll know is if you take another more sensitive pregnancy test, good luck Hun x

As I wrote above, I've taken a test already. Would there be a recommended time frame for these things? I've heard of the inaccuracy of home tests from several people, so I'm wondering about blood tests. Any thoughts from people who have tried that?

I don't know where ur from but here most tests r 99% accurate from the first day of missed period which I'm guessing with a normal cycle uve already passed. Only a test will give u an answer x

If you are truly 5 days late, any pregnancy test should give you an accurate result. You can buy more sensitive tests, which are for before your period is due. But if you're 5 days late already, you shouldn't necessarily need these. I got a positive when I was pregnant on one of the normal tests 5 days before my period would have been due (so that's 10 days earlier than where you are today). It's worth trying another test, but if you're pregnant, I would assume it would be obvious. That said, you're absolutely right that all those things can delay your period. Any sort of infection can and stress definitely can. Also, as you're sick, you're probably feeling rubbish anyway, so you may have all sorts of symptoms. That said, if you're period is still a no show, try another test and maybe see your doctor if it's still not here in the next week. Uterine infections can also reek havoc on your cycle (as of course can STIs), and of course, there are hormonal issues, which you may not have noticed if you haven't kept track of your cycles lately. That said, the pull out method is not full proof, especially if you aren't charting your cycles, so if you don't want to be pregnant right now, I'd find another method that will be more effective.

I would say you probably are not pregnant. Five days late test is negative. If you don't get it in another week go see Dr.

Eh. It's hard to tell.. Because if you are anything like me, with jacked up cycles.. You could have just now ovulated. I say that because.. Twice now I've gotten pregnant when my period is supposed to be due. I would wait another week and test again.

As I wrote above, I've taken a test already. Would there be a recommended time frame for these things? I've heard of the inaccuracy of home tests from several people, so I'm wondering about blood tests. Any thoughts from people who have tried that?
Test using first morning urine if still negative go see your dr

You need to use a more sensitive test... That will tell you.

I'd try a First Response test. Those are really accurate. As far as a blood test, my OB won't bother unless you've had a positive urine test first, but I'm sure there are docs out there who will do one.

Thanks for all your responses! :) hopefully Mother Nature will come knocking with her red gift soon and clear everything up (^_^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->