could I be losing my plug?

Gemma Lou

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I might be losing my plug............I noticed when I went to the toilet in the night that there was a "lump" of almost (sorry) snotty stuff on the side of the toilet..........I thought nothing of it, then this morning when I went for a wee......I had the same sort of stuff on the tissue when I wiped. Without sounding gross it was like you get when you're starting a cold.
The only thing I was wondering is if you can only lose it when the babies head has engaged as the last couple of weeks I have had lots of different sensations down there. I spoke to the midwife at the antenatal class and she said it sounded like it could be the baby engaging. I have my midwife appointment today so will hopefully find out if little one is deciding to get a bit closer to coming out to meet us!
Has anyone else had this and do you think it sounds like the plug? :hug:

hi there, i had this a few days ago. my midwife said the same. how many weeks are you ?
im 35 weeks and tho eager to meet my baby, terrified hes going to be early like my other son was ! lol

My midwife basically told me to not do any rushing around, take it easy and pamper myself a little to take my mind off it. any excuse to have my nails done is a bonus :) xx

i had this a few weeks ago and as i described it as green like snot... i was informed it was more likely an infection. nothing else happened since so i guess it was...

hope everything goes ok for you whatever it is
xx

hi there, i had this a few days ago. my midwife said the same. how many weeks are you ?
im 35 weeks and tho eager to meet my baby, terrified hes going to be early like my other son was ! lol

My midwife basically told me to not do any rushing around, take it easy and pamper myself a little to take my mind off it. any excuse to have my nails done is a bonus :) xx

How early was your other son and how soon did you lose your plug with him? x

I had the same hun, a couple of weeks ago, exactly as you described it.....nothing since! xox

I had similar stuff last week, quite a bit for a few days. Now nothing!

Hey. Just so you dont worry if it is your plug your plug can grow back multiple times. If its blood tinged thats when you got to be more either worried or excited depending on how far along you are! My guess it sounds like its bits of your plug though.

How early was your other son and how soon did you lose your plug with him? x

my other son was born at 32 weeks, tho i didnt have a show with him, my waters ruptured at 30 weeks before finally breaking at 32 weeks. it was scarey but 2 weeks in special care and he was fine and back with his mummy :)

I had this for 4 days before losing some blood with it. Didnt think it was my plug at the time. But the day after i lost my bloody show my little girl arrived!

This is really interesting! I've had pretty much the same yesterday and today. Little bit yesterday and then bigger bit today. No blood though.

Didn't realise your plug can grow back. I'm in two minds whether to phone the midwife or not. Got 2 days til I finish up on mat leave and I'm hoping that I can hold out til then.

What did your midwife say Gemma?

midwife said she thought it was probably just discharge! Hmmmmmmm????

ive had same a couple of times and didnt know if it was infection or something too but its not green or itchy just sticky stringy stuff!! sometimes have to wipe for ages till it stops, then it goes away then comes back think its been twice maybe 3 times its done it and lasted a couple of days... wierrrd! lol
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->