Could I be pregnant? Help please.....

LittleMissLeo

Reaction score
Hi
New to all of this so not sure if I've posted in the right forum for this subject, but I'd like your opinions please...
So I've been experiencing some peculiar symptoms last couple of weeks; feeling reeaally tired and hungry a lot of the time. Then I started getting headaches and feeling sick on top of this. Then certain smells would make me sick like the smell of cooked chicken, and then I started getting period like pains, not very bad but I know they're there sort of thing but no bleeding what so ever. I'm on the pill and take it religiously (have an alarm on my phone and everything) and have done since I was 16! (I'm now 20) and have been with the OH for nearly 4 years so it's safe to say it's worked...so far.....
Anyway my friend suggested I take a HPT as she started out with these symptoms at the beginning of her pregnancy with her LG. I've done three so far: last thurs, last fri and Sunday morning first thing; all negative. I've booked myself a doctors appointment this Thursday (20th) to hopefully find out what's going on but was wondering if anyone had any advice or had experienced these symptoms before? My friend thinks I really am pregnant but I'm not sure. Can your pill just stop working all of a sudden? I'm due to finish my pill cycle this Wednesday and my withdrawal bleed or 'fake period' is due Sunday. Just wondering what I should be expecting at the doctors on Thursday...and whether I should take another test first thing that morning? Anyone with any advice or experiences of they're own they could share...it would be much appreciated!! :) xx sorry for long post xx

I dont have any experience with the pill and pregnancy but I do know that a womens body and hormones is a crazy place! I am in the same place as you at the moment minus the birth control I have been having pretty much exactly the same symptoms which are the same as I had with my other 2 pregnancies and I will be testing tomorrow if my tests come in the mail. Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow and I hope you get some answers :)

Have you been poorly at all recently? just a minor cold maybe? this cam effect pill, even though it is only like 1% anything is possibIe like i went to find out. i was on pill 3.5yrs no issues, things are bit patchy was 2 times i thought i may been pregnant and did a test got bfn, i cant say 100% if i was still having my 7 day break bleed (seems i left it so long maybe i was still having them things are dazzy from the shock)
anyways fast forward month or so i was very poorly with what i thought was food poisoning i lost 1st in 5 days was throwing up 20mins a day i just tried to sleep it off as i was on college course.

i went to get new pack of pills and mentioned i had bad stomach pains lately as a policy they did pregnancy test, i nearly died! bfp that was so deep/dark. they thought i was between 6-12wks and wanted scan asap incase was ectopic. i had scan 3 days later i was 19weeks, even more of a shock i was only 17.
i havent gained a lb i couldnt feel baby and really just felt normal.

my advice is if any doubt get docs yo do blood test and it 100% confirmed whether you are or not as shock later on its a lot to take in. all the best x

Thank you Kirstiedenman for your reply :) and good luck with your results too! Hope they are the results you want! Xx

And thank you MummyToAmberx for your reply...I haven't been I'll at all recently, but I did go on holiday in January and was due on my 'period' whilst on holiday so to avoid this I asked my doctor if I could take two pill strips together and miss my seven day break to which he agreed and said it would be fine. I'm wondering if this could have affected my birth control at all? My symptoms have worn off slightly but I'm still getting the pains and headaches and feeling sick every now and again. I haven't stopped my pill strip as my last one is tonight anyways, and I'm at the doctors tomorrow afternoon. I hope I can get an answer! I'll post the outcome tomorrow xxx thanks girls :) xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->