Could I be pregnant?

VolleyballGal

Reaction score
Hello,
I am pretty sure my last period was July 8th (or earlier) through July 13th. I have not yet had it - and I have not experienced any "spotting." I had sex for the first time ever with my fiance of five years on July 27th - July 28th (depends on the time - like it was around 11PM... so not sure if that matters). I have not yet had my period in August and I am concerned that I am pregnant. My period is usually normal - like 28 days cycle. I hardly ever get it pushed back. However, when I was in college - I would get stressed from time-to-time and it would push back my period.

QUESTION: Could I have got pregnant if I had sex that night? Not sure when I would have ovulated. I am not interested in having a baby now because I am currently planning my wedding. When are the most likely chances of you getting pregnant? Like, do you count the first day of your period or last day of your period? I don't know! Also, could I just be super stressed because it was the first time I ever had sex?

This is the longest I have skipped my period. It has almost been 40 days and I am freaking out. I did 3 HPT and they all came back negative. I did 2 on missed period day 5 (night) and one the following morning since I heard that is the time you are supposed to do it. Okay, well I did it around 3AM - so I hope that time is okay! After I did those tests, I still did not believe it because they could be defective. So I went to the doctors. On missed period day 7, I did a blood test - the next morning they called and informed me the test was negative. So okay, that is fine, but where is my period!!!

QUESTION: Should I take a HPT on Sunday morning? I just want to know... :(

Last week- I started to feel weird. Last Sunday (August 11th) I woke up with this killer charley horse. Now, I do get them from time-to-time, so its not like unusual. This whole week has been strange. I hardly got ANY sleep because I was not tired at all. I hardly had anything to eat because I was not hungry at all. I felt like I was going to throw up most of the time so it was very random. Sunday and Monday night I had killer night sweats. I couldn't sleep at all - I was soaking wearing NO clothes. However, I have not had that problem at all since Monday night. For this whole week - I had trouble going number 2 for the bathroom if you know what I mean. Just last night, I finally went number 2 and it was kinda like diarrhea.

Recently, I have changed my workout schedule. In July, I started this new routine. This month, I picked up and started to improve my schedule from July because I missed a few days. Since August, I have been to the gym 9 out of 17 days. Usually, I lift weights so I am not sure if that could have messed up my period schedule? I also started to drink protein shakes back in July - so not sure if that could have done something to my body... idk! Or could I have too much protein in my blood that could have caused incorrect blood tests?

I think I have been feeling better - but it could all be in my mind.

Thanks!

I say, you could be however I remember the first time I ever had sex I convinced myself I was pregnant and that stress alone stopped my period actually turning up! If pregnancy tests are coming back negative then I'd book an appointment with the doctor have blood tests as this will give you 100% confirmation if you are or not and while there you can possibly discuss contraception so you have no more scares :)

Good luck x

Hello,
I had a blood test done on Thursday and got results back on Friday. The doctor told me that it was negative. I took a blood test on the missing period day 7. I read that you should wait 7-12 days. Should I go back and get another blood test done?

I read places that people still can be pregnant with negative blood tests - which mine indicated.

Hi,
How long did it take for you period to come? Come August 19th, it would have been basically 2 weeks.

First, take a deep breath! The first time I had sex I ended up having a really long cycle, but I was not pregnant. I have heard that becoming sexually active can mess your cycle up for a short time and that certainly seemed to be true for me. I know of at least one other friend who thought she was pregnant because her period didn't turn up either when it was supposed too, but she just ended up with a longer cycle that time and was not pregnant. If you have taken pregnancy tests and had a blood test done then it is very unlikely that you would actually end up being pregnant. Your period should show up eventually. You didn't mention if you used any protection or not, but for next time make sure you use something. There are a lot of different options out there. Find one that works for you and use it.

It's possible, but given the timing it seems unlikely, unless you happened to ovulate really late. With a 28 day cycle, by the time you had sex, you were almost due for your next period, making pregnancy very unlikely.

A friend of mine had this happen very soon after she started having sex. It was a big deal for her, and I think she got really stressed and that made her period late. She was not pregnant.

The fact that you are so late though is a bit odd. Blood tests are supposed to be very accurate though. Maybe wait it out for a week or so, see what happens, and then go back for another test and/or doctors opinion on why your period is so late. I have another friend that misses her's when she gets stressed and another that went on a strict diet and started missing hers, so those are possibilities too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->