Could I be pregnant?

trauma233

Reaction score
My last period started August 2 and was normal.

We had protected sex August 10 and August 17 (yesterday) - used a condom AND pulled out. We checked and the condoms were intact.

Today August 18 I am noticing my boobs to be tender/sore to the touch (if I press on to the nipple, one being worse than the other) and it feels uncomfortable if I don't wear a bra. This only happens to me a few days before I get my period.

I think I have been peeing more often than usual but I have also been drinking more fluids than usual this week.

I have had 2 headaches this week - felt like tension headaches. For one of them I had to take a Tylenol.

I have been having cramps and diarrhea, which I thought were induced by this juice that I just tried, made with beets.

I took my temperature today - it was 98.4F. I have been feeling very cold this past couple of weeks but I thought it was because i sit right next to the AC at my new office at work.

No nausea or vomiting, no weird food cravings, no spotting.

Would the pregnancy test be accurate at this point or is it too soon?
I am in no way ready to have a baby. Should I go buy the morning after pill/other emergency contraception? Would it be effective at this point?

Any suggestions? Freaking out over here.

I figure the pregnancy test would not be accurate at this point since I have to wait another 2 weeks till my next period. But this will be the longest 2 weeks ever.

How could the condom possibly malfunction? Not broken, fit well around his penis, rolled on correctly, with room for sperm at the tip (no air) and he pulled out? He did not go near me before the condom was on so it can't be pre-cum.

Too soon! But since you just had sex yesterday, it might not be too late to use the morning after pill.

If you're still worried, test 3 days before your expected period.

I'll be honest and say that I don't believe in the day after pill. But honestly I can't imagine you being pregnant. It doesn't make sense. I have had random months where I would get similar things like the breast tenderness and even sickness, but my doctor said that my hormones could have just be off. Also, everybody is different, but with all three of my pregnancies I didn't experience any pregnancy symptoms before a month after my period.

If by some chance you are pregnant there are pregnancy crisis centers that would help you. They normally offer free pregnancy tests, too.

If you are considering taking Plan B, be advised that it would not terminate an existing pregnancy. Basically, it just keeps a fertilized egg from implanting - as our bodies naturally do with 50% of zygotes, oddly enough. If you're already pregnant, it wouldn't do anything.

But it really doesn't sound like you're pregnant to me.

The morning after pill will do zilch if you are pregnant.
I highly doubt you are I wouldn't worry to much.

I highly doubt it.. Granted you were probably ovulating but I still doubt it. The symptoms you are getting a probably just the end of your ovulation period. Even of you were pregnant it would be too early to feel or know anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->