Could I be pregnant?

em97

Reaction score
Hello, I am very confused and am wondering how possible it may be that I am pregnant? I have been having what appears to be morning sickness for over a month now. No vomiting, just nausea. After almost everything I eat I feel sick, and then I have to have a BM. I have also been getting headaches and backaches. My nipples are very sensitive and they hurt even when barely touched. I am very fatigued throughout the day as well. On September 9th, I took an EPT and got a faint positive after the 10 minute testing window. On September 11th, I took another EPT and also got a faint positive, but it was slightly darker. These HPT's were both used with FMU to test. After I had gotten my two positives (if they were truly positive) I took quite a few more tests and they have all been negative since. On September 11th I had a Beta HCG blood test done. I just got the results back today on September 15th. The blood test came back negative. I would like to know if there is any way that I could still be pregnant? I am a few days late on my period as well. Why I would have two positive HPT's (even though they were faint lines) if the blood test came back negative? Thank you for your help!

The simplest answer is: wait a little longer and test again. Without more information there could be a couple of explanations:

1. You had a chemical; basically really early pregnancy that you probably wouldn't even know about if you didn't test.
2. Bad tests
3. Not enough hcg hormones, since your AF is late, in addition to bad tests, which were actually wrong about you being pregnant before.

Heh I know it's hard to wait, but only time + additional tests can tell you what's going on.

Psychochick pretty much covered all possibilities but I just thought I would add that the doctor's test is slightly higher than the early pregnancy tests of the EPTs. Doctors want to make sure you really are pregnant so while the EPTs detect about 25 miu of hormone (which is plenty enough for us women to convince ourselves we're pregnant), the doctor's test is more like 50-100 miu, unless you had a blood test done. If not, I would request one. This will tell you your actual hormone levels. Also, your hormones might be slow rising which would prevent you from getting a positive test sooner. Good luck!

What brand hpt did you use?

In a blood test, you are pregnant if it's over 5. On a hpt, I think the lowest it detects is 20. Considering your blood test was negative, I would say you probably aren't. psychochick has good options listed as to why you could have gotten a positive on hpt and negative bloods.

If AF doesn't show in another week I'd call the doc back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->