could I be pregnant?

sunflower7sd

Reaction score
I hope I am using the site correctly. I am so eager to post this!! I've been reading forums and blogs and research etc. I have had 2 successful pregnancies before. As we know each pregnancy is different.​
Background: we have a boy and a girl. We've been through some traumatic things past couple years and my husband and I are confident enough to stop having children that his vasectomy is scheduled for next Friday!​
I'm 15 dpo. I hyperovulate. It runs in my family. My mom is a fraternal twin, my aunt has triplets, my cousin had twins. for the past 10 years my period has been mostly regular. anytime I had a slight change in my period it was due to something noticeable (high stress period, exercise change).​
month of April went like this:​
cd 15: we had sex twice in one day, hours apart (need to turn up the heat? work out together in the living room lol). 1st w/ condom as usual. second time, my husband in the heat of the moment went inside me for seriously like 30 seconds, remembered we had already had sex and the possibility of sperm was there snapped back to reality. finished with a condom.​
for whatever reason when we were trying with my son I got pregnant first try no joke. My husband remembers the date we had sex over 4 years ago when we conceived him (just found that out yesterday lol)​
I continued my life as normal. to me it was a 0.3 percent chance that would get anyone pregnant.​
I have been through "could that have got me pregnant" too many times and hence the vasectomy. (mainly from wondering if semen leaked out the condom or something. the rate in which condoms fail surprised me when I just read it)​
I have over a years worth of cycles tracked on clue and according to that: freaky week as I call it was​
CD 12-18​
We WANT more children however have been almost hilariously cautious and preventative besides obviously cd 15. are we foolish? idk. maybe. sorry. being of child bearing years (I'm 28 btw) and growing up with 9 siblings I figured I would probably always want children but like with our son wanted to make the clear decision.​
yall I cant make this up.​
CD: 28 In the morning my husband wants to have sex. at this point Im having pregnancy symptoms laying in bed on my tablet reading forums etc on pregnancy symptoms. I felt like maybe could be pms but had differences very noticeable to me, major sensitivity to smell, lack of moodiness but sort of emotional (I tend to get snappy and know to plan family activities around that (giving me space or them space from me lol), nausea, morning sickness (almost threw up from drinking water). so I put tablet down for a quickie (for him), ***************condom breaks*************. I didn't believe him when he told me. to me I was tender down there wasn't quite in the mood but I love my man and he was.​
We sort of maybe took it too far and just said wow, God really wants us to have #3.​
we started bonding over "#3"​
new research begins. if Im not already pregnant, could I get pregnant 3 days before my 31 day cycle.​
starting taking tests. all negatives even this morning. with my son (#2), I didn't test positive until after there was already no doubt left in my mind. a real late positive. real late.​
with my daughter who was first I had a threatened miscarriage. lots of red blood (for being pregnant). my mom told me to go to hospital. I bled for a few days. now shes a real healthy 7 years old!​
continued:​
2 days before period, I started cramping (I cramp for 1-3 days max for 10 years). but more dull aching, less need heating pad or sleep. Then light pink spotting started and we believed it was implantation bleeding! in my mind I was pregnant. husband started talking to my belly lol but then that spotting turned bright red, I mourned the "loss" cried ugly but moved on. ok period, vasectomy next week. im just emotional. The red lasted like 30 hrs. then turned brown and then light pink for half a day (all in one day). for me this would mean the shortest period of a lifetime. if those colors happened like that over 4-5 days it would be normal for me but that was like a FLASH.​
all day yesterday: mild cramping, btw yesterday was the day the blood turned to light pink spotting. it all happened so fast my brain hurts trying to comprehend this. bear with me please! I cried a lot yesterday because when I counted how many days I had been cramping I thought I was miscarrying.​
this has been an exhausting month. even week. speaking of that one day I was cleaning and felt like I had an extra 100 lbs on my body and my husband just smiled and raised his eyebrows when I said that.​
ordered a sub, by the time I picked it up I didn't want it anymore lol. (unusual for me, Im a high metabolism eat eat eat person i love to eat!) started peeing a lot yesterday.​
woke up today 15dpo with morning sickness, boobs full/heavy, no blood. extra sleepy, peeing a lot still (not drinking extra), my total days of light cramping is 6 and counting! --- BFN this morning.​
WHAT DO YOU THINK?​
drs appt today at 12:45​
thanks and I hope it was understandable lol​

Hi
It's hard to say. It does sound like u are getting symptoms and maybe the 1 day bleed was implantation.
I think ure doing the right thing by seeing a dr because they can help u more.
U said u had a very late BFP with ure daughter so maybe that will happen again.
Either way I'm keeping it all crossed for you and really hope u get some answers asap.
Good luck

Thank you Suggerhoney. I got a blood test to see what's going on. I've had more mild cramping still and a few different color spotting a dabble here a dabble there 3x since 5am. Light pink, creamy brown, and on small red.

Hi hon how are you

Hi hon how are you
Hi thank you so much I know my post was annoying. I'm annoying myself!

My blood test came back negative
That test was 6 days after condom broke so too early?

I've taken TOO many pee tests since then. All different kinds. Got a faint disappearing on a frer, a faint positive that stuck around on rite aid early (the blue dye cross kind) ... And negatives this morning. My nipples feel like they are going to leak milk! I nursed for 4 years total with my kids.

Cramps mostly subsided but still linger. We went to chik fila, looooove everything at chik fila especially fries. That went like this: take bite of fry, roll window down nauseous spit it out. Give away my fries!! ... Then force eat my sandwich but the first few bites my tongue and mouth were like "what the heck is this".

I've decided to test again in 5 days. I'm so excited at the point of happy tears. Speaking of I've been laughing a lot and much calmer than usual.

I had to stop some herbal medications since I thought I was pregnant.

Thanks so much for asking!!!
Hugs and prayers for you!!

With covid 19 it's definitely possible that it caused enough stress to delay ovulation. FX that you get a bfp soon.

Is your DH still getting the vasectomy?

I hope that you get some answers soon. Good luck <3
Thank you !!! I absolutely need to be patient. It's just usually when I put the thoughts down I feel a symptom lol buy self control will get me through. I was definitely a lot more stressed with my first post. Overwhelmed excited and awaiting answers like so many of us. Thanks again!

Hi thank you so much I know my post was annoying. I'm annoying myself!

My blood test came back negative
That test was 6 days after condom broke so too early?

I've taken TOO many pee tests since then. All different kinds. Got a faint disappearing on a frer, a faint positive that stuck around on rite aid early (the blue dye cross kind) ... And negatives this morning. My nipples feel like they are going to leak milk! I nursed for 4 years total with my kids.

Cramps mostly subsided but still linger. We went to chik fila, looooove everything at chik fila especially fries. That went like this: take bite of fry, roll window down nauseous spit it out. Give away my fries!! ... Then force eat my sandwich but the first few bites my tongue and mouth were like "what the heck is this".

I've decided to test again in 5 days. I'm so excited at the point of happy tears. Speaking of I've been laughing a lot and much calmer than usual.

I had to stop some herbal medications since I thought I was pregnant.

Thanks so much for asking!!!
Hugs and prayers for you!!

Hope you're feeling ok.

I BF for 3 years and one of the first signs with my current pregnancy was my boobs. I kept getting the tingle just before the baby latches and the leaky feeling - altho no leaking.
Even as I type this now they are tingling!!!!

Bloody boobs LOL

With covid 19 it's definitely possible that it caused enough stress to delay ovulation. FX that you get a bfp soon.

Is your DH still getting the vasectomy?

Hello thanks. I also discovered my luteal phase is 12 or 13 days every month. I've researched my eyes out so jot sure if that also coincides. My husband thinks I just need to wait longer but is pretty confident I'm pregnant.

Yes still getting a vasectomy since this baby would just be a huge gift from God being the condom broke. Despite the occasional foreplay action and me nervous of precum (which has never happened like mentioned above earlier in April), we were pretty set on stopping after 2. That's why this is so exciting for me!! We always said "we would love more just not sure it's a good idea". I absolutely believe in God intervening in our lives. That's what He's all about!!

Hope you're feeling ok.

I BF for 3 years and one of the first signs with my current pregnancy was my boobs. I kept getting the tingle just before the baby latches and the leaky feeling - altho no leaking.
Even as I type this now they are tingling!!!!

Bloody boobs LOL
Wow thank you for sharing that!! Exactly when I was posting I was SURE I leaked and thought to myself will how can I explain that away!?! Lol but there's no wetness just the sensation. Congratulations by the way!!

You are right luteal phase is generally consistent in length but you have to ovulate before your luteal phase begins. So if stress delays ovulation it delays when your luteal phase begins but not how long it is.

I'm hoping that you ovulated around the time the condom broke on cd31 if that's what you are hoping for. I'm anxious to find out about your next test in 6 days or so :)

You are right luteal phase is generally consistent in length but you have to ovulate before your luteal phase begins. So if stress delays ovulation it delays when your luteal phase begins but not how long it is.

I'm hoping that you ovulated around the time the condom broke on cd31 if that's what you are hoping for. I'm anxious to find out about your next test in 6 days or so :)
Me too! Thank you for the support. I know many many in the TTC category go through the same waiting and waiting even if the beginning didn't start the same and I wasn't sure if anyone would care. I cry happiness at the thought and sooooo eager to see the BFP!

I think maybe sometimes we see symptoms when we want something so bad. I think based on what you have said you chances of pregnancy are quite low. There can be a few sperm in precum but it’s very low chances and I think the condom probably broke outside fertile time?

Why not have a good chat with your partner and decide if the vasectomy is really what you both want? It’s ok to change your minds about 2 children and seems like you both would be open to another.

Good luck with whatever happens and whatever you decide.

I think maybe sometimes we see symptoms when we want something so bad. I think based on what you have said you chances of pregnancy are quite low. There can be a few sperm in precum but it’s very low chances and I think the condom probably broke outside fertile time?

Why not have a good chat with your partner and decide if the vasectomy is really what you both want? It’s ok to change your minds about 2 children and seems like you both would be open to another.

Thank you!

Agreed. My ex got the snip when I was 24 and he was 28 because I was so sure we were done. Then I regretted it. We aren't together anymore so I'm able to try for a third with my current partner but It is amazing how much a mind can change in a short period of time.

Financial situations change too. I went from poverty and homelessness to now bringing in almost 6 figures between my partner and I.

It doesn't sound like either of you are "100 percent" about not having more. Sometimes it is better to wait. There are other options you can do in the mean time like maybe an IUD.

Agreed. My ex got the snip when I was 24 and he was 28 because I was so sure we were done. Then I regretted it. We aren't together anymore so I'm able to try for a third with my current partner but It is amazing how much a mind can change in a short period of time.

Financial situations change too. I went from poverty and homelessness to now bringing in almost 6 figures between my partner and I.

It doesn't sound like either of you are "100 percent" about not having more. Sometimes it is better to wait. There are other options you can do in the mean time like maybe an IUD.
Thank you for your response!! The snip is done. I suppose if I'm not then before he's infertile we could race and try ?! I wonder if that's been done yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->