could i be pregnant??

Carolyn

Reaction score
my baby is five months old.
i breast fed her for three months...so no period.
I was on the mini pill, so no periods then.
Mini pill ran out, didn't have sex, then did have, thought i was ok because i hadn't had a period yet.
been to drs today to go on mercilon again, she asked about periods, i told her all of the above. she said i had to do a pregnancy test. took one home, it's positive.
am i pregnant?
was i realy stupid to think if i hadn't had a period i couldn't get pregnant???:cry:

You can ovulate before you have your first period, so it's definitely possible not to have one after giving birth and to get pregnant.

How do you feel about it? :hugs: x

If its postive i would say yes you are very rare u get false postives xxx

:cry:chuffing nora. i really thought that i neded to have a period beofre i could conceive, now i can see you're right! i am soooooo thick. i don't know how i feel. i'm going to get another test to see i that's positive. my body hasnt recovered form having abigail. i've just gone back to work. had to, cos we are tight for money.

aw hun let us kno how u get on with your other test, hope everything works out for you.

:hug: Serina's right though - false positives are very rare if the test is read within the time limit x

oh dear. Yes, you can ovulate without a period and so fall pregnant. As the others have said, it is very rare to get a false positive. Hope things work out for you. What do you think your OH will say/feel?

he seems quite excited. i feel like it's just too soon. i don't know how i'll cope. how we'll cope financially.

How long ago did you go back to work? Hopefully you'll be entitled to maternity pay again (obviously you don't know how many weeks pregnant you are though - had you gone back before your pills ran out?) Remember you've still got quite a few months to sort things out financially though :hugs:

Really hope everything works out well for you x

not really thought about the maternity pay...suppose i will have had to have done a ertain anount of time, before they'll release me again. to be honest i have no idea when i fell pregnant. we only had sex for the first time the night before xmas eve! then we were quite frequent, i've been back at work for 6 days...i'm not sure how it all works.

I think, although i may be wrong, that as long as you work for 13 weeks out of what the call the "test period" (which is 60 weeks or so before your due date) then you are enitled to something. If your work doesn't give you maternity pay, and you can't get statutory mat pay either, you may still be entitled to this maternity allowance. It's same amount as SMP as well. Like i say, I could be wrong so don't quote me on that! It's a good year since I had to work out all that stuff and baby hormones and lack of sleep have frazzled my brain!!!

i'm working out what that many weeks would be!!! when abs goes down for her nap i'm going to go and fetch another test.

slk79 is totally right, I reckon you'll qualify for maternity allowance. Try not to worry - congratulations!

I'd say you're pregnant hun, let us know what the other test says. You're worrying me now cos I'm waiting to have my 1st period since giving birth (I thought I had one but don't think it was one now) and we have been naughty a few times so am slightly worried after reading this! I think Faith was about 11/12 weeks old before I had a period and it's coming to that time now after having Ollie x

not really thought about the maternity pay...suppose i will have had to have done a ertain anount of time, before they'll release me again. to be honest i have no idea when i fell pregnant. we only had sex for the first time the night before xmas eve! then we were quite frequent, i've been back at work for 6 days...i'm not sure how it all works.

I'm not sure it matters when you went back to work as you weren't unemployed but on maternity leave. I'm sure you'll be entitled to something anyway. Possibly too soon to be worrying about all this (sorry) but there's loads of information on here: Maternity Leave

"If you become pregnant again during maternity leave, you have the right to further ordinary and additional maternity leave."

Edit...sorry slk79 - hadn't seen your post about maternity pay x

i think that it's too early to be seriously thinking about it or worrying about it, cos a lot can go wrong in the early weeks can't it?

as i haven't had a period yet...do i go on the first time we did the dirty deed?

(OH is kicking himself now, as he sees another 'dry' spelll approachingin the bedroom department if you know what i mean! we didn't do it when i had a bump)

If the test is positive then yep...congratulations.

I got pregnant when Toby was 5months old and I was exclusively breastfeeding too:blush:

as i haven't had a period yet...do i go on the first time we did the dirty deed?

Nope....don't attempt to work it out yourself as it'll be wrong. Just wait until you have a dating scan and they will tell you....you'll only be fed up when they adjust your dates:dohh:

Nope....don't attempt to work it out yourself as it'll be wrong. Just wait until you have a dating scan and they will tell you....you'll only be fed up when they adjust your dates:dohh:
how will i know when to have scan?

I'd say you're pregnant hun, let us know what the other test says. You're worrying me now cos I'm waiting to have my 1st period since giving birth (I thought I had one but don't think it was one now) and we have been naughty a few times so am slightly worried after reading this! I think Faith was about 11/12 weeks old before I had a period and it's coming to that time now after having Ollie x

Ollie & Charlie have the same DOB! I've not had a period yet & a cpl of accidents too!

I think I would be excited if I was pregnant again, not sure if OH would be though. Oh well it takes 2 to tango lol!

Good Luck Carolyn, hope you get the answer your looking for

All the best

Mel x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back