could i be pregnant??

as i haven't had a period yet...do i go on the first time we did the dirty deed?

Nope....don't attempt to work it out yourself as it'll be wrong. Just wait until you have a dating scan and they will tell you....you'll only be fed up when they adjust your dates:dohh:
how will i know when to have scan?

Dr will probably choose when....best to be at least 6 weeks pregnant (which would be approx 4 weeks after conception) then you will be able to see heart beating which is a good sign. Just tell him the earliest date you could have conceieved...the fact that a test has shown up positive means that you will "probably" (not definitely) be at least 4wks pregnant now so I'd say a scan in a month or two would be best....but that's just my guess:blush:

I'd say you're pregnant hun, let us know what the other test says. You're worrying me now cos I'm waiting to have my 1st period since giving birth (I thought I had one but don't think it was one now) and we have been naughty a few times so am slightly worried after reading this! I think Faith was about 11/12 weeks old before I had a period and it's coming to that time now after having Ollie x

Ollie & Charlie have the same DOB! I've not had a period yet & a cpl of accidents too!

I think I would be excited if I was pregnant again, not sure if OH would be though. Oh well it takes 2 to tango lol!

Good Luck Carolyn, hope you get the answer your looking for

All the best

Mel x

Oh yeah they do don't they! So glad you haven't had your period yet aswell! x

i'm just looking for a 'ball park' date really. wonder how the dr will know when to send me for scan?

i agree about positives usually are positive-you only get false nagatives usually.

it must be a shock, but try not to worry about the financial aspect just yet.

good luck. xx

have just noticed this thread hope everything turns out how you want it to be good luck and dont worry x

Okay how did I not see this thread before, I have been on here nearly half the day !!! Hope everything goes as you want xx Have you done the other test yet??

the first test was a cheapo...i peeed into abottle i used to use when i was pregnant i got a positive.
this time i had a predictor, peed directly on it. negative.
what now?
which is right?
ANOTHER test?

I've always found the cheapo tests to be more sensitive....best to wait a few days or a week (if you can) and take a morning sample to the Dr's for testing:hugs:

the first test was a cheapo...i peeed into abottle i used to use when i was pregnant i got a positive.
this time i had a predictor, peed directly on it. negative.
what now?
which is right?
ANOTHER test?

How confusing! i'd take another test next week. dont just take it that your not pregnant. Good luck & let us know how you get on. I'm tempted to take one myself now.

Mel x

How faint was the line on the first test you did? The cheap tests do tend to be more sensitive so it's possible you just don't have enough hCG in your urine for it to be picked up by the other test yet x

it wasn't faint faint, it just looked like the one when I discovered i was pregnant with abigail. i'll have to go to the drs then. can't afford to keep buying tests. you don;t think there could've been something in the bottle from when i was pregnant with abigail? dunno, clutching at straws i guess.

oh, sam's mum, i've just seen the bit about your new addition, congratulations!

Thank you!! :cloud9:

And I doubt there would have been anything left in the bottle - even if there was something (and I would imagine it would have degraded in the last 14 months), it would have been so dilute it wouldn't have been detected.

You can buy sensitive pregnancy tests for a couple of pounds on ebay if you can wait a couple of days for delivery - you'll get 20 for about £3 or something - but if you are pregnant you'll need to see your doctor anyway so might be worth just trying to get an appointment for monday. Good luck :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->