Could I be pregnant?

BeccaBeau

Reaction score
I dont know what to do... could I be pregnant?

I really need someone to help me answer this once and for all, as every time I attempt to ask my doctor about it I just come away more confused than I went in. I have been taking Microgynom 30, the contraceptive pill, for about 2 years now but I need to know something about my periods... Are they actually caused by the pill, or are they just allowed to happen when Ive stopped taking for that week? I have asked the doctor this before, and he says that they Are directly caused by the pill... So, if me stopping my pill every 3 weeks to have a period in my 4th actualy makes me have the period... :s Does this mean that if I got pregnant whilst taking the pill, rare but possible, that I would still have a period if it was at the time when I should stop? Basically, if I was pregnant, would I still have a period, as they are now caused by the pill, and not my body? And would it, technically, flush out my fertilised egg? Or would my body override the chemicals... :s

I am so confused... and I dont even know if any of that makes sense... I just really need help... Could I get pregnant, then technically abort my own egg, just by stopping my pill at the end of the packet??? x x x

not sure if this will help but my mate was on the pill and didn't find out she was pg til she was 5months gone as she was still having her normal periods so I assume the pill carries on giving u periods even if u are pg. hope this helps slightly x

Thank you! At least that means that if I do get pregnant, I might not be getting rid of it myself... I just may not find out for a while, as the pill would be making me have periods :s
I can handle not knowing for a while... I'll just take some more tests... I was just worried that every time I come to the end of the packet, might the period I then have be getting rid of my baby... And Im desperate to know for sure, by 9pm tonight, incase I need to keep taking more pills, incase I am doing something harmful...
Arh...
Thank you for your help, anyway! x x x

When you take the contraceptive pill it basically stops the egg being released from the ovaries with hormones. YOu have a period whe you stop the pill for seven days as the body basically just empties out the lining of the womb. BUT should you fall pregnant fo any reason ie being sick, taking anti b's and not taking extra precautions then generally you wldn't hav a bleed cos your body would override the hormone. But if you did have a bleed it owuld not terminate/flush out the baby, unless you were to have a miscarriage this howeve wldn't be your fault or die to the pill it would be one of those horrible things.

Point being is don't worry about it, else you'll be a paranoid maniac every time you have a bleed. If you have reason to suspect you could have fallen pregnant ie missed pill been sick or been unwell and or on anti b's then just keep an eye out for other symptoms like nausea, etc and test if you really feel it was possible.

It is very unusual (although far from impossible) to bleed through out your pregnancy!

I hope that makes sense, if in doubt read the leaflets that ome with the pill they are very useful and/or phone a family clinic up for advise.

Take a test if you're worried. That's the only way to do it. If you've seen your doctor numerous times, how long have you thought you could be pregnant?

Well, I havent seen the doctor about possibly being pregnant, I just meant when I go there for other things I have asked questions, and thats when I found out that my period was, effectively, false and that having one wouldnt necessarily mean I wasnt pregnant, which has just set me thinking x x x

Yeah, thanks, I will. I deffinately will. I was just worried cos I was due to come on this weekend, and I was thinking, crap, I'm running out of time to postphone it if I Am doing something harmful. Thanks, though! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->