Could only see yolk sac at 5 weeks scan??

jejw91

Reaction score
hiya ladies i have just come back from an emergency ultrasound up the hospital! (had to have one due to pain)

they said that they couldn't see a baby but the yolk sac is measuring around 5 weeks!

has anybody else had this? :wacko:
just want to put my mind at rest, got a re-scan in 10 days xx

thanks for any replies x

I was 5 weeks+ at my scan and there was yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat present but baby was measuring small.

I've been googling like mad since and it seems as though early scans are all so very different.

Some don't see anything at all till 6 weeks+ some see yolk sac and no fetal pole.

Unfortunately it's a waiting game. Fingers crossed for you when you go back.

It's still very early days and plenty of time for things to progress I think it's definately common not to see anything at the 5 week stage.

x

Yep at 5+3 we only saw gest sac and yolk sac. totally normal hun xx

oh good that put my mind a rest a little bit! hope these 10 days fly by so we can see if bean is growing or not! xx

Hey,

I wouldn't worry too much, obviously every pregnancy is different but with my first pregnancy they didnt see anything at 6 weeks just a yolk etc..a week later there was a HB, unfortunately that baby had trisomie 18 but obviously this had nothing to do with what we saw on first scan, so you just have to stay positive and wait hun.

Good luck for your rescan :hugs:

oh good that put my mind a rest a little bit! hope these 10 days fly by so we can see if bean is growing or not! xx

I had 3 early scans, first one at 4 weeks 3 days sac was 3mm, 2nd one @ 5 weeks 3 days sac was 8mm and yolk sac was seen, 3rd one @ 7 weeks sac was 24 mm,heartbeat was present.

At 5 weeks, mine showed the sac, yolk sac and heartbeat.

I had one at 5+1 and all the saw was the sac and yolk sac. A week later baby was there with a heartbeat! Try not to stress too much!

That sounds right for your dates. Try not to worry xx

I had an u/s last Friday and measured 5w 2d. All that was seen was gestational sac and a faint yolk sac. I'm also trying not to worry but I think it's normal. Tech told me they often don't see anything til 6w

I had an ultrasound at 5+2 when they thought I was 7+1 and they could only see the yolk and gestational sac, too. I was scheduled for another scan 9 days later, the which is in two days! They said I can see the heart beat then!

100 percent normal! Same here had scan at 5 weeks and just a sac and yolk. Then, at 6+1 had a heartbeat and embryo present. Don't worry, baby is forming give it time!

This is normal right at five weeks. I just wonder why so many doctors do scans so early. It seems to bring nothing but two weeks of unnecessary worry in most cases.

hiya ladies i have just come back from an emergency ultrasound up the hospital! (had to have one due to pain)

they said that they couldn't see a baby but the yolk sac is measuring around 5 weeks!

has anybody else had this? :wacko:
just want to put my mind at rest, got a re-scan in 10 days xx

thanks for any replies x

Yes, totally normal, I had another scan and saw and heard our baby's heartbeat a week after seeing just a yolk sac.

:hugs:

I had a scan at 5&4 and all they saw was a gestational sac not even a yolk sac. My baby is now 3 weeks old ;-)

thank you so much everybody for your replies, put my mind right at rest! just going to plod through the next 10 days and try not to think about it too much! thanks for your input everyone!

:hugs:
:thumbup:
xXx

I was 6 weeks at my first scan. They could only see the gestational sac, no yolk sac. I went back 9 days later and there was baby and heartbeat!!!

This is normal right at five weeks. I just wonder why so many doctors do scans so early. It seems to bring nothing but two weeks of unnecessary worry in most cases.

Doctor's try and do scans early because that's when they're capable of getting the most accurate age of the embryo and the due date. Usually after the first 8-10 weeks in the first trimester, everyone's babies vary in growth. :)

Totally normal, early scans often see very little. My early scan was at 6wk4 and they dated me at 5wk, bubs was my dates and the scan out, she's asleep on my chest ATM!
They wouldn't do the scan earlier since the machine won't see much and worries new mums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->