Could someone shed some light on this for me?

Mummy23beauts

Reaction score
So I have a friend who is pregnant, last period 25/27-09-17.. she took a test 3days before period due October and got a +.. now she had a heavy bleed days after the test so got sent for a scan which was yesterday.. she said they found a heartbeat and was told she was 5weeks. Do the dates add up? And would they find a healthy heartbeat at 5weeks? Iv heard it’s not possible :shrug:

I want to give her as much support as possible but with me being pregnant I couldn’t forgive her if she was messing about.

I think it's very very unlikely that there would be a heartbeat at 5 weeks that is way too early. Usually around 6 weeks is when heart starts beating. So I dunno- sounds a little off to me.

Did they tell her she was 5 weeks exactly? I checked a due date calculator and by her LMP she should be 6 weeks now, but a later ovulation or implantation could easily explain a few days to a week difference, plus measurements can be off so early on.

I'm not sure exactly when a heartbeat can be seen, but have always heard it is between 6-7 weeks. I went to the emergency room when I was measuring 6 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat was obvious.

5 weeks does seem a little too early, but if she is actually a few days further along (either they just rounded down to 5 or the measurement was off a little) then it would make sense to find the heartbeat. Of course the doctor should know this and should have told her she might be closer to 6 weeks.

Is there any reason you think she would be messing about? It certainly isn't something that I would joke or lie about.

It is possible. With all four of mine they have been able to see a heartbeat around what they think was 5/6 weeks gestation. With this one it was measuring 2.3mm and they could see the heartbeat when I was around 5 weeks

So I have a friend who is pregnant, last period 25/27-09-17.. she took a test 3days before period due October and got a +.. now she had a heavy bleed days after the test so got sent for a scan which was yesterday.. she said they found a heartbeat and was told she was 5weeks. Do the dates add up? And would they find a healthy heartbeat at 5weeks? Iv heard it’s not possible :shrug:

I want to give her as much support as possible but with me being pregnant I couldn’t forgive her if she was messing about.

Did they tell her she was 5 weeks exactly? I checked a due date calculator and by her LMP she should be 6 weeks now, but a later ovulation or implantation could easily explain a few days to a week difference, plus measurements can be off so early on.

I'm not sure exactly when a heartbeat can be seen, but have always heard it is between 6-7 weeks. I went to the emergency room when I was measuring 6 weeks 5 days and the heartbeat was obvious.

5 weeks does seem a too early, but if she is actually a few days further along (either they just rounded down to 5 or the measurement was off a little) then it would make sense to find the heartbeat. Of course the doctor should know this and should have told her she might be closer to 6 weeks.

Is there any reason you think she would be messing about? It certainly isn't something that I would joke or lie about.

She has lied before, and is a little bit of an attention seeker. She wouldn’t let me come to her appointment with her for support and she didn’t ask for a picture, I know not everyone does but something just doesn’t seem right. But now they have found a heartbeat she no longer wants baby. I think I will just offer her an ear and a shoulder but keep a little distance as if it is a joke I won’t be too happy x

It's awful if she's lying about this and I hope she's not. Regarding the heartbeat, I guess it depends when in the 5 weeks she is. I went for my 1st scan at 5w6d with daughter and the heartbeat was obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->