Could this be considered a positive/did I ovulate?

Cupcake2016

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for reading!

This is my first month temping, and I've also been using OPKs. My OPKs have been pretty much stark white until Sunday, CD16. That OPK, taken in the afternoon, was by far my darkest (by a lot), but the test like was still not as dark as the control. I drink a lot of water, over 100oz/day. Is there any way that this could be seen as a positive OPK? My CM changed around CD14, and has remained fertile quality. My temps previously have been 97.6 and under, and today for the first time since temping it was 97.7 CD18. Also, yesterday, CD17, I had distinctive ovulation pain on my left side. I always assumed I ovulated because I get the same pain every month around this time in my cycle.

Does it sound like I could have ovulated CD17? I'm getting nervous that I'm not ovulating, even though this is my first month keeping track. I'm also reading advice online that leads me to think that I may not have ovulated YET, which also makes me nervous because my cycle is always 28-31 days, so if I don't ovulate until later, then my luteal phase may be too short. I don't actually expect a positive OPK later this month, though, because since that almost positive one on CD16, I've gone back to stark white.

Someone tell me to relax :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 28
If I go in to change the OPK to positive on FF, this is what my chart looks like so far this cycle:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 10
I keep bombarding my own thread here, but I'm excited because I had a thermal shift this morning so I'm a bit more confident that I ovulated and my LH surge wasn't fully picked up on the OPK.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5
It looks like you ovulated the 17th/18th CD to me. It could be you missed the full surge of LH hormone on your opks if it was short. If the temp stays up for more than 3 days you'll know for sure that you ovulated on the 17th or 18th CD.

Id agree. You look like you ovulated on 17th. Maybe 18th a FErtility friend should confirm after three high temps.

Sometimes with OPKs you need to test several times a day when they get darker to catch your surge. My ovulation day is around CD18 and I got a test like yours late morning and a blazing positive at tea time.

If you don't catch the egg this month I'd try at least two test on the days you think you might be due to ovulate or when you start seeing darker tests.

Good luck!

Thanks very much! You were exactly right, fertility friend detecting ovulation on CD17 after another high temp this morning.

Thanks also for the tip. I did actually take another OPK later that evening, but it was lighter again. It's possible that if I had taken one earlier in the day it would have been super dark, so maybe I caught the surge as it was coming down? I've also been reading that some women never get true positive OPKs. A bit confusing but I'm hoping it's not a bad sign.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 6
Congrats on your crosshairs! Looks definitely like ovulation now :)

Yeh I think you're right, sometimes it's really hard to tell whether you have a positive or not and some woman never get the blaring positives. It could just be that there is a short surge to trigger ovulation and they've missed it between tests.

Welcome to the two week wait- good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->