Could this have effected my test results?

LilPeanuts

Reaction score
I took a frer with fmu and I'm 9 DPO (thought I was 10 DPO but miscalculated). I didn't read the instructions first so I accidentally dipped it for 20 seconds instead of 5! I had a very very faint line show up right away but I'm wondering if diluting the stick for too long could have been the reason my results were so faint? I'll post pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
I dont think it wouod effect it too much. It does with opks as it would absorb to much and make it dark when it shoukdnt be. But the difference with a hpt is that it has to have the pregnancy hormone in your wee to be positive. I would say the test is positive. You could hold it in our wee for a minute and if you werent pregnant it would be bfn. I know because ive tried it lol

I accidently did the same thing when I first used a FRER. I was mad too because they're so expensive and it looked like there was a line but my urine washed it away. I had to wait until the next morning to take another one but I did end up getting my BFP. I was used to dipping my opks for 20 seconds and thought pregnancy tests were the same. I would try again in the morning. Good luck!

I accidently did the same thing when I first used a FRER. I was mad too because they're so expensive and it looked like there was a line but my urine washed it away. I had to wait until the next morning to take another one but I did end up getting my BFP. I was used to dipping my opks for 20 seconds and thought pregnancy tests were the same. I would try again in the morning. Good luck!

Thank you! That's a really encouraging story :)

Good Luck! I think dipping too long could definitely cause a lighter line. Have you done another test yet?

Good Luck! I think dipping too long could definitely cause a lighter line. Have you done another test yet?

I did another this morning with another frer and it was a bfn :( So my theory apparently wasn't true at all! I was shocked to see a bfn after the line I saw on yesterday's test. I'm so confused.

So sorry :hugs: Personally hating the new FRER's, at the point where I don't even want to trust their faint lines.

So sorry :hugs: Personally hating the new FRER's, at the point where I don't even want to trust their faint lines.

I don't like the new wider tip frer's so I actually found the old version and that's the one that gave the line! I'm disappointed to say the least :(

Wow, I haven't been able to find the old ones anywhere! I actually bought the rapid result just because they are the old design but they are way less sensitive so that was silly :haha:

Ironically I had 2 of the rapid result tests and those were the very first ones I tried yesterday. I watched them as they developed and there were absolutely 2 lines on both tests. Not even squinters. So of course I freaked out and ran out to the store to get the frer to see if they would show a darker line then the rapid ones. When I got back home I didn't see the lines anymore on those 2 tests! I thought I was going insane. It said to check within one minute, so I did and they both had lines. Then they disappeared about an hour later. How bizarre is that? Then I took the frer and saw that very faint line. But today, nothing at all. So it's been quite the rollercoaster ride! I guess the only thing left to do is wait until af shows.

Fingers crossed you will get another bfp tomorrow!! Maybe at the early stage the hcg levels were only detected when your urine was more concentrated or something...there could be a good explanation for the different results which still leads to you being pregnant!! good luck x x x

Fingers crossed you will get another bfp tomorrow!! Maybe at the early stage the hcg levels were only detected when your urine was more concentrated or something...there could be a good explanation for the different results which still leads to you being pregnant!! good luck x x x

Unfortunately the next morning it was a bfn and I haven't tested again since then. I had some light spotting yesterday so I think I'm out again this month. Just waiting for AF now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->