Could this name be easily made fun of?

Amsan

Reaction score
Obviously I don't want to name my son something that could get picked apart by mean little kids... And I know none of us want to think of ways to be mean about a child's name..

But is Emerson a name that would be easily made fun of?

I'm having SUCH a hard time picking out a name for my little boy! So far the only one I'm even remotely interested in is Luke (Lucas) but I'm not as crazy about it as I was over the girl's name if I was having a girl. :dohh:

Emerson isn't a name that's jumps out at me as something that would picked on.

I had a guy friend tell me the kid would get beat up in school with a name like Emerson :(

I don't know about your area, but names are changing and that would probably fit in with kids today.

Don't know but isn't that's the name brand for electronics?

No, he wouldn't be picked on for his name.

I find adults bully childrens names more than kids. And I have a weird name that was always bullied and always more by teachers and adults. That needs to stop. Its not the name thats the problem its the person doing the picking.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Emmerson, I love it x

Thank you ladies!! I'm having a hard time finding a name I absolutely LOVE. And one that wouldn't scar my son for life :haha:

I think Emerson is quite nice actually. Don't see a way to make fun of it.

I dont see why it can be used to be picked on, however its a long name which maybe some children might struggle to pronounce or spell x

If they want to kids will find a way to find some to make fun of. Unless your naming your kids something that will obviously be made fun of that's a bad word or some thing it's fine .

I agree with the being able to spell / write it especially since Emerson doesn't have a way to be shortened

I like it! I work with kids and trust me there are much more wierd and wonderful names out there these days. I don't think anyone would think anything of Emerson.

No I can't see any obviously bullying. Your male friend was probably at school 30 years ago or whatever when names were a lot less diverse then now. Honestly, kids are called everything nowadays.

I also don't think it will cause spelling problems. Arianna has just turned 3 and can spell her name and recognise it when written down without any issues. She can't write it yet, she is learning to write her letters at the moment, when we sign cards she writes the "A" and I add the "rianna"! I am sure she will be able to write it without difficulty when the time comes to start school. (and she isn't exceptionally bright or anything, most of the kids in her nursery class can do the same)

I think it's a lovely name, don't see why it would get picked on!

It's a nice name, but for a girl in my opinion. May be different if you're in the US though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->