Could you imagine it?

princess_x0

Reaction score
You hear about all these horrific stories of women not knowing they are pregnant until they are in labour. How could you not know you were pregnant? My mum didn't even know with me until she was 4 and a half months gone. It totally boggles my mind lol! Imagine just suddenly going into a labour, completely missing the whole 9 months of pregnancy. I would be a bit gutted about it lol.
Sorry a bit pointless xxx

I always wonder how people could not know. I find it hard to get my head around the idea xx

Well I didn't know with Kathryn until I was 10 weeks in because my implantation bleeding was like just like normal and I was on the pill (only missed one and bam, best surprise of my life!) so I was usually light anyways. But some women get periods well into they're pregnancy and don't get symptoms, or get very light symptoms so think nothing of it. Also if your over weight, you may not show for a while, especially if it's your first.

A friend of mine didnt know she was preggers until after she went for an X-ray for all the back pain she was getting and she was nearly 5 months! She was terrified at the time, but now she is in love with her LO.
She only started to show and get symptoms after she found out. true story.

My friends mum's friend didn't know she was pregnant until her waters broke too :D

yah my mom didnt know until she was 6 months along but i guess doctors kept telling her she wasnt pregnant and just put her on birthcontrol....idk. seems odd to me.

I don't understand how that happens. I guess for a while it'd make sense, but all 9 months?! no way!

We were talking about this at work last night..There was a girl on This Morning the other day who it had happened to. Me and my work mate were like, "Imagine being behind the bar, and all of a sudden going into labour!" LOL I just can't imagine it happening. I can understand maybe up to 5 months, especially with a first, but then it's harder to imagine! xx

Yeah, I know a couple of women who've found out at 5-6 months. And they were tiny!

TBH most women who find out at labour are over weight anyway, would be pretty hard to hide a baby if not.

Scary stuff!

Well, I'll eat my words lol.

A neighbour from when I lived in Yorkshire, has had a baby. She's 19, went on a night out. Felt pants, next day had a baby....she didn't know. She's slim and a dancer....how very weird!!!

She only started to show and get symptoms after she found out. true story.

This does make me wonder whether morning sickness and other pg symptoms are something that us women make worse for ourselves because we are so aware of being pregnant & worrying & fussing etc. That if we didnt know we were pregnant then these symptoms wouldnt be as bad, or we'd dismiss them as something else? I'm thinking i may have to get pregnant accidentally if thats the case! xx

Well, I'll eat my words lol.

A neighbour from when I lived in Yorkshire, has had a baby. She's 19, went on a night out. Felt pants, next day had a baby....she didn't know. She's slim and a dancer....how very weird!!!

I think sometimes it depends on the position of the baby, there can be barely any bump at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->