Council tax

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that feb and march are payment free months? x

I phoned my local council office (Portsmouth) and they confirmed it was 'free'. I'd suggest you ring your locl council just to comfirm.

:flower:

They are if you've followed a full year from April - April .... When we first moved in we moved in july and still had to carry on paying till end of tax year so had no free months.

As long as your not in arrears then yes they are free months.

V xxx

Because we moved in april our council tax wasnt set up till may so we only get march as a free month because we had the other free month last april but next year it will be feb and march

It should be yea, were not this year from moving in Sept.

ohh yeah they NEVER give it back lol, last year they changed our bill so we over paid by ALOT and when they finally admitted their mistake it was just, we will take it off next years... meh lol, it had put us through hell struggling to pay it! we were led to believe we were behind lol, then they claimed they hadn't had a payment (thank god i kept the reciepts) even with them tho they were saying "yeah but the system says you haven't paid" turns out the number on our payment card was wrong, so our money was just going into the "system" but not onto any specific account.. lovely eh !

it's not technically free, it depends how your CT has been worked out.

ohh yeah they NEVER give it back lol, last year they changed our bill so we over paid by ALOT and when they finally admitted their mistake it was just, we will take it off next years... meh lol, it had put us through hell struggling to pay it! we were led to believe we were behind lol, then they claimed they hadn't had a payment (thank god i kept the reciepts) even with them tho they were saying "yeah but the system says you haven't paid" turns out the number on our payment card was wrong, so our money was just going into the "system" but not onto any specific account.. lovely eh !

they have to give you it back =/ its your call whether its transferred to your CT account or not, once they've transferred it though you can't get it back! x

Ours is spread over 12 months bizarrely we had the option and it was no dearer to spread it further so we did x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->