Couples over 35 and still happy after not having any kids..........

SydneyB

Reaction score
Just wondering ( I know most of you who have had kids are happy if not a tad stressed!!) ........for those of us out there who don't think its the end of the world ( or should I say will not feel complete) if we do not have a family what are you all up to. ( We are trying but won't go to the end of the world to have children). I'm making the most of being "Best Aunty In The WORLD" - yes its a title I really have ( well in my small family anyway!) But I do think having such lovely nieces has made me soooooo broody in the first place. Anyway we enjoy travelling around the world and to be honest I would really miss my holls if I did have kids (The type of holls I like don't include kids - yes I know you can still travel with kids but its just not quite (NOTHING LIKE) the same!!!)I love telling my friends ( all with kids) where I am off to next while they moan about sleepless nights and teething etc........... Well I have to have something to brag about!!!!!!!:haha: (UMMMM Think I maybe on the wrong forum to any replys on this post!! :happydance:

Me 39 Dh 41 :hugs:

I have a stepdaughter 16yr old and were trying to concieve one of our own. If we dont concieve one. We just go on with our lives:thumbup:. And be blessed with what we have.

:flower:

I think if I were a man I would have been happy to wait another 10 years to have kids, but as a woman you just don't get the choice.

I have a lot of friends who are more than happy as a couple.

I think if I were a man I would have been happy to wait another 10 years to have kids, but as a woman you just don't get the choice.

Same here. I'd have waited till my mid-40's before starting a family. There are so many activities i wish to do (that don't include children or are not safe for children). It's a trade-off in a certain sense because having a family is also top of my list. Can't have it all, eh? :) Good thing is, I can still go for week long holidays as my parents are more than happy to babysit for the duration.

I have been thinking about this a lot. Much soul searching on how far I want to take this ttc. I want a baby but don't want to get into a hole financially. I know people that are happy with no kids. I have a lot of things I would like to do that financially I couldn't if I had kids... like traveling around the world. I also have some hobbies would be too costly if I had a kid. I always wanted a large family... so I would regret never having one... and I would always wonder what my life would have been like with a child... but it wouldn't be the end of my life.

It's been OH and I ongoing issue for the past year. I am incredibly fortunate to have two children already, but when OH asked me if I would be prepared to do it again, I was over the moon. I fell pg first month ttc, but m/c and unfortunately, we later discovered that OH swimmers are not too great. We were told in Feb that icsi would be required and we agreed that we would give it a go despite the low chance of success because of my age because we didn't want to look back and regret not doing it.

Since then though, OH feelings have shifted to a 'let's nature take its course'. A second SA came back much better, making conception not easy, but not impossible. I sometimes struggle with this approach, but I have to respect how he feels and gradually, I am following him. There are so many advantages to not having a baby. Mine a growing, are becoming independent. We are in a financial position that will allow us to make the best of our freedom, and after years as a full-time working single mum, all this is also very appealing.

I'm not yet at the stage of accepting that we won't have a baby together though. I adore my man and would love to have a child together, he would be an amazing dad. I also want to do it for his family. He only has one sister who has past child bearing age, and even though there is no pressure because his mum and sister are lovely people and they have accepted my children in the family like their own, I know how much it would mean to her if we had a baby together. What makes it hard is that he doesn't realise how happy he would be as a dad, all he sees is would lose.

I think there will always be a hole in me because of the m/c if it never happened, but I don't want to hold my already wonderful life because of it, so accepting to live the decision in the hands of nature is not that bad of a prospect!

I may not be the best person to post here but just wanna say that I know a couple I attended church and sang in an ensemble with years back. They love kids so much. They're mid to late 40's now. Tried at least 12 years or more to have kids. Were sad for a time, but now are very public with the fact that they just trust God and they have a WONDERFUL marriage--one that makes you envious--and are just so in love. That's something that people who don't have kids will always have---more time to focus on their spouse and the marital relationship. Also don't have to worry about, when the empty nest comes, not liking each other because you've spent 18 or so years focusing on kids and not each other, LOL! It happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->