Cow's milk...warm or cold? And bottle or cup?

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Sam's 11 months tomorrow and I want to start giving him tastes of cow's milk to get him used to it before he starts having it as a drink when he's 1.

Just wondering if it's better to warm it up, or do you just give it straight from the fridge? x

liam wont drink it straight from the fridge so i warm it slighty, just to take the chill of it really x

Well this is just based on how Amy likes it, I give it a warm in the microwave for 20 seconds to take the chill off. I did try giving it straight from the fridge but she did not like it, is much better with it now I take the chill off.

But Sam may like it chilled, just go with his preference. :) x

Leeon has his in the microwave for about 20 seconds too but to take the chill away just make it to warm temperature x

I gave it to my kids warmed up.

Thanks everyone :D ...I'll try it warmed up tomorrow - only going to try a couple of ounces but hope he likes it! x

Also, do you put it in a bottle or sippy cup? I know it won't really matter too much at the moment, but I worry he won't get enough from a cup once he's actually drinking more of it. But should I just go straight onto that instead of bottles now anyway? He has juice/water from a cup but doesn't drink lots x

nuby.jpg

I put Amy's milk in a Nuby bottle, like above. :)

No he is NOT 11 months :o

Good god!

And yea as others say i warmed it up :)

Caitlin prefers the chill off as well.

She had her milk in a avent magic cup (bigger ones) but was no keen so she had it from her bottle and just tried now and then to give her a cup now she has it in her cup with every feed. Just go with flow what he likes :D

https://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7QTwq4VHQDzZ1M:https://paramibebe.net/goods_img/12/1001029_list.jpg

Caitlin didn't take to milk well so we sorta weaned her on that - she'd have 8oz bottles so 6oz formula 2oz milk mixed the next week 4oz formula 4oz milk ...2oz formula 6oz milk to 8oz milk.

x

Reading this thread its got me wondering about ella , so at 12 months exactly will you be weaning him on it? Also how much are you putting in? Only Carly was off bottle at 9 months , howvever much you tried she would stick out her tounge and wouldnt take it so i had trouble with her and milk.

But Ella is a milk girl and still has as much milk as she always had? Should she be having less? Has 3 meals a day aswell and i have just been reading that the more meals the less milk?

Depends on yoru baby hun

Caitlin had morning, afternoon & night bottle but you prob read how fussy she was so we dropped the afternoon bottle. She is offered very diluted juice through out the day and of course has milk in her cereals.

I do want to drop the bottles as she eats them every 4-5 hours and not into food as much. I want her to start eaitng more food so when she is 12 months she wont be harder to wean ifykwim.

I think ill start as you said morning , ill have midday and a night bottle then offer diluted juice thoughout!

Reading this thread its got me wondering about ella , so at 12 months exactly will you be weaning him on it? Also how much are you putting in? Only Carly was off bottle at 9 months , howvever much you tried she would stick out her tounge and wouldnt take it so i had trouble with her and milk.

But Ella is a milk girl and still has as much milk as she always had? Should she be having less? Has 3 meals a day aswell and i have just been reading that the more meals the less milk?

I still gived Sam as much milk as he wants - still breastfeeding so I'm not sure exactly how much he's having at the moment but I want them back before #2 is here :rofl:

He won't be completely on cow's milk - I'll probably still feed him once a day for a couple of months if he wants it, and we started giving him a bottle of the Hipp Good Night Milk in the evenings to get him back onto bottles again (started refusing to drink from anything apart from me when he was teething) and he loves that so I think we'll keep doing that for a while too.

Do you give Ella other drinks after meals? Diluted juice/water? x

Might be worth another thread hun seeing how other Mums wean off breast? Might be more helpful to you? x

I still gived Sam as much milk as he wants - still breastfeeding so I'm not sure exactly how much he's having at the moment but I want them back before #2 is here :rofl:

He won't be completely on cow's milk - I'll probably still feed him once a day for a couple of months if he wants it, and we started giving him a bottle of the Hipp Good Night Milk in the evenings to get him back onto bottles again (started refusing to drink from anything apart from me when he was teething) and he loves that so I think we'll keep doing that for a while too.

Do you give Ella other drinks after meals? Diluted juice/water? x

:rofl:

About giving Ella drinks i try but she doesnt take it, she will have a few sucks and thats it!

Might be worth another thread hun seeing how other Mums wean off breast? Might be more helpful to you? x

Thanks - think I might try that... gave him a taste today and he wasn't impressed so I think it might be harder than I expected :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->