Cow's milk...warm or cold? And bottle or cup?

Reading this thread its got me wondering about ella , so at 12 months exactly will you be weaning him on it? Also how much are you putting in? Only Carly was off bottle at 9 months , howvever much you tried she would stick out her tounge and wouldnt take it so i had trouble with her and milk.

But Ella is a milk girl and still has as much milk as she always had? Should she be having less? Has 3 meals a day aswell and i have just been reading that the more meals the less milk?

I still gived Sam as much milk as he wants - still breastfeeding so I'm not sure exactly how much he's having at the moment but I want them back before #2 is here :rofl:

He won't be completely on cow's milk - I'll probably still feed him once a day for a couple of months if he wants it, and we started giving him a bottle of the Hipp Good Night Milk in the evenings to get him back onto bottles again (started refusing to drink from anything apart from me when he was teething) and he loves that so I think we'll keep doing that for a while too.

Do you give Ella other drinks after meals? Diluted juice/water? x

:rofl:

About giving Ella drinks i try but she doesnt take it, she will have a few sucks and thats it!

:rofl: Bless her...Sam used to be the same - he'd just have fun spitting it back out. Then I left him sitting in the high chair with a cup of juice watching me wash up one day and when I turned round he'd drunk half of it! x

Oh dear lol Moo was same as I mentioned above.

I'm guessing everyones replies will come in helpful so wasn't trying to push you out of your own thread lol just thought it could be helpful because it must be a tad different ...maybe?

x

I give it to 14month old Toby cold in a Tommee Tippee cup...if you warm it up in a non-spill cup it tends to leak out and spurts through the whole coz of the pressure of the warm milk (don't ask....but I promise that's what happens:dohh:).

Took him a few days to adjust to cold milk and a cup instead of bottle but I persisted and he just started to drink it on about the 3rd day:happydance:

Oh dear lol Moo was same as I mentioned above.

I'm guessing everyones replies will come in helpful so wasn't trying to push you out of your own thread lol just thought it could be helpful because it must be a tad different ...maybe?

x

:lol: I know you weren't - I think it is a bit different, mainly as I have nothing to mix it with to trick him into thinking nothing's changed :rofl: x

I usually take the chill out of max's too , except is night time bottle is warmed up a bit more

Bethanie had (and still likes) hers warmed up. I would suggest going straight to a sippy cup with milk/juice or they do what Bethanie did and get really clingy to their bottle. It took us a while to switch from an Avent bottle to an Avent Magic cup.. we started by putting the handles on the bottle to confuse her lol and then we switched it over and she never complained again.

I know it's slightly different for you, as Bethanie wasn't breast fed but it might be worth a try. Theres always a new battle.. now she will only drink her milk out of her Tommee Tippee sippy cup but will drink anything else out of a normal cup! If you offer her milk in a normal cup she says "Don't like it milk"..:rofl:

Bethanie had (and still likes) hers warmed up. I would suggest going straight to a sippy cup with milk/juice or they do what Bethanie did and get really clingy to their bottle. It took us a while to switch from an Avent bottle to an Avent Magic cup.. we started by putting the handles on the bottle to confuse her lol and then we switched it over and she never complained again.

I know it's slightly different for you, as Bethanie wasn't breast fed but it might be worth a try. Theres always a new battle.. now she will only drink her milk out of her Tommee Tippee sippy cup but will drink anything else out of a normal cup! If you offer her milk in a normal cup she says "Don't like it milk"..:rofl:

:rofl: That's so sweet! I think I might try it in his Tommee Tippee cup today so he can't see it - it was in the nuby bottle he usually has water or juice from yesterday and he just kept poking at it from the outside :rofl: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->