Cows Milk

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Recently I have seen alot of mums mentioning giving their baby cows milk and they are around Jack's age? I was told they couldn't have this until 1yr old? Just wondered if anyone knows?

Cows milk can be used in cereals etc from 6 months, officially you are not allowed to replace it from formula/breast til one year , although you can offer it as a drink from about 11months in my opinion, maybe even 10 and half, but remember its full fat milk until LO is at least 2, semi skimmed can be introduced at 2 as long as the child is a good eater x

yeah it's best to keep them on formula/breast milk until at least one year. If someone is to give their 6 month old just cows milk then the baby would not be getting the proper nutrients. Once baby is not dependant on formula anymore as a meal and is eating 3 full meals plus snacks than it's ok to give them that instead of formula.. But if you want to just let baby try it that should be OK!

what the other guys have said.

Kira is nearly 8 months old and she has had cow's milk once purley for the fact she doesn't have enough formula so i'm keeping her on formula as much as possible

Yup max gets cows milk in his cereal and getting yogurt too but that's it ..I once had to give it as a drink because i ran out of formula and DH wasn't getting home till 6pm to bring some to me ..but his tummy didn't like it one bit :(

Thanks was wondering, I think I will leave it till 1 year as he has all the nutrients he needs in his formula

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->