Cradle cap- what to do?

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
I think my son has cradle cap, basically he had this like yellow-ish layer on his scalp and now its flaking off in big flakes. What can I do about it?
I tried using baby oil last night and then washing his hair and it just made his hair all gross.

thanks xx

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/cradlecap/

try this site hun

We put a little bit of oil in the bathtub which has helped with Hannah's dry scalp.

Were you brushing his hair everyday when he was a newborn?

My daughter's pediatrician told me to do that, and wash her hair every week. Brushing it will get it off.

This was the info I got when she was a newborn. I don't know about now.

Shouldn't the cradle cap be gone by now...

Mello

Have you tried rubbing olive oil into it? doctor told me that today...

rub in olive oil and remove flakes gently with a toothbrush...(one you're not going to use obviously) that's what health visitor said today...

Dentinox cradle cap shampoo is good (get in boots chemist) and boots also have their own brand of cradle cap cream in a purple tube. This has helped Katie's cradle cap. I didn't like the oil as it made the sheets all sticky!

Rub in olive oil before their bath and then wash it off and give it a comb.

Actually you don't need to do anything as it comes away all on it's own in the end. Mind still had little bits around a year old. Not that you could see as it was under masses of hair!

Jack still has a little bit of this
If you use oil the best thing to do is put shampoo on straight ontop of oil, no water.

Not sure how much hair your little fella has but a top tip from a pro ( no comments thank you :lol:) when it is starting to flake up gentley go through with a 50p nit comb from the chemist it lifts it straight out
Also if he doesn't have much hair make sure you use only the tiniest bit of shampoo as too much can make it thicker/worse

Tried most things and nothing worked! really had to stop my self from picking it!!
It cleared up when Ewan was sbout 18 months but still gets occasional patches now.

Seth has this too just noticed so this is helpful for me too :)

Is it painful for them?

xxx

no it's not painful for them hun, it is just a build up of dead skin cells

thnx everyone, im worried it is bothering him as i see a bit of dry blood there, and hes pulling on his hair.

well i went to the doctors and she recommended a special oil which i bought and it seems to have helped, im gonna keep applying it. she said hte bleeding does happen so im not too worried about that anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->