Cramping after sex. Is it normal?

wtbmummy

Reaction score
This may be a TMI post!!!

Dh and I didnt dtd with first pregnancy after 12weeks. We ended up with a half placenta previa n was told not too but we werent anyway.

This pregnancy we dtd at around 9weeks and hadn't since, till last night.
I am now 17+6 so yesterday 17+5 when we dtd. Now honestly I'm not sure how people dtd when pregnant cause the baby started kicking almost imediatly which is not pleasent when trying to have intimate time :shrug:

But the problem came after. My uterus really tightened up which I heard was normal. However all night and so far this morning I have been cramping quite painfully.
Walked ds to school and it was very painful by the walk home :dohh:

So is this normal or not? We never dtd this far with ds so I dont really know if its normal or whether to be concerned?

Thanks xxx

I've experienced this a few times this pregnancy. The cramping felt exactly like how my period cramps do. They arent horrible but I get pains down my legs and my butt also. I've read that it's normal and it did go away after a while. Mine never got worse so I would say if they are getting stronger, maybe call your doctor's.

I experienced this a lot. i cramped everytime after sex in my first and second trimester, sometimes it was quite painful for an hour or two after. I would just try to lie down for a while after and not get up straight away. There were definitely times i felt sore until the next day.

make sure you are in a comfortable position during sex, some positions might make you cramp more and you might have to try some other position.

Towards the end of 2nd tri and now in my third, the cramping after sex stopped.
My advice is not to worry, and drink water after sex and if you can, rest for a while after x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->