Cramping around Ovulation...?

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I don't chart, temp, etc. but I pay close attention to my body, my CM, cramping, etc. I know around the time I usually ovulate, I feel wetter down there, get cramps, and like to have quality time with OH.

Now, what I've always wondered though, and can't seem to find an answer to, is this...do the cramps occur when the egg is actually being released or prior to, or after?

Thursday, I noticed I was feeling wetter, Friday was even more so with some getting on my underwear, about the same on Saturday and then on Sunday, I felt very wet and also had mild cramping most of the day and then a backache towards the end of the day. So, does it sound like Sunday was my O day? Or would today (Monday) be my O day? For the record, I have no backache or cramps at all today. In fact, I feel great!

I know nothing is guaranteed because I don't temp, but I'm pretty consistent month to month so just going by what I've shared, would like to know when you all think I O'd.

We BD on Friday and Saturday...so I'm hoping I'm in with a good chance this month. I guess you could say we aren't actively trying at the moment, but not, not trying.

Thanks in advance!!

From my own personal experience this cycle...yesterday (cd11) I was wet all day. With lots of EWCM. The good stuff. Lol. Plus I had mild cramping. Today my OPK was a blaring positive at cd12. So I'm probably due to ovulate in the next 24 to 48 hours. Which I usually ovulate cd13/14. And I usually get really bad cramps for a short period of time when the egg is releasing.

From my own personal experience this cycle...yesterday (cd11) I was wet all day. With lots of EWCM. The good stuff. Lol. Plus I had mild cramping. Today my OPK was a blaring positive at cd12. So I'm probably due to ovulate in the next 24 to 48 hours. Which I usually ovulate cd13/14. And I usually get really bad cramps for a short period of time when the egg is releasing.

Thanks for your reply!

So do you think Sunday was my O day, with the cramping? Or think its a precursor for O having today or tomorrow? They were pretty uncomfortable and came and went all day, worse in the evening.

I guess without and OPK I wouldn't really know. But from the sounds of it Sunday was probably the day and today would be 1dpo.

When I was TTC, I discovered that cramping can happen before, during or after! Hard to tell exactly when.

I always get a 'windy cave' feeling in my uterus and then a sharp twinge in whatever side ovary is ovulating. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->