Cramps

tryfor2

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am newly pregnant--only 13 DPO, though I've had positive HPTs since 8 DPO. I've been having a lot of cramping since about 4 DPO (backache too). Didn't think much of it since I had it a bit at the beginning of last pregnancy, but they seem to be getting stronger. Not enough to take Tylenol, but very noticeable and localized on the lower left. Is anybody else having this?

Hiya, congrats on your bfp. I've been told that cramps are normal and due to stretching and you maybe more sensitive to these if you have already had a baby. If they aren't strong enough for you to take pain relief I would try not to worry. My previous pregnancy ended in a mc and the one previous to that an ectopic. Both I was in ALOT of pain, doubled over and pain relief from home/over the counter did not even help subside it. If you feel you need to take some pain relief and when you do it eases I would take that as a good sign, however if you are still really concerned for peace of mind just give your dr a quick call for some reassurance :) xxx

I was told when expecting my first that it can be due to dehydration. Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated and a hot water bottle should help with the discomfort. Xx

hey ! tryfor2.. I just saw this!! Congrats!!! This is sooo exciting! Did you try new things this cycle? I am so happy for you :)
Do you have a thread you will post updates in? I stink at trying to find post lol xx

Hi ladies,

Thank you! Still trying to just suck it up for now and remind myself that I did have some cramping at the beginning of last pregnancy--also that the pain from ectopic pregnancies is apparently horrendous. And hey, no bleeding! Yes, all I want to do is curl up with a hot water bottle but I have to look after my toddler who is running a fever... not to mention whip up a birthday cake and fancy meal for DH's birthday today!:dohh:

Qe76!!! SO nice to hear from you! Thank you, that is so sweet. I really appreciate it. I'm excited too! TBH, the only things I did differently this cycle were take B6 (only about 20 mg because 50 was giving me headaches) and BD three times in my fertile window (the precious two cycles we managed only once three days before ovulation). Let's hope this one sticks!!! I'm not sure what you mean about posting updates in a thread. Do you mean one of those journals? I don't currently have one but that might be a good idea... Haven't seen you around much lately. I hope all is well?? Happy Thanksgiving to you!! :hugs:

I couldn't find this thread again- sorry it took me so long to reply. I was in the ER for thanksgiving .. kidney stones.. car broke down- it was one hell of a week lol

How are you doing?

I couldn't find this thread again- sorry it took me so long to reply. I was in the ER for thanksgiving .. kidney stones.. car broke down- it was one hell of a week lol

How are you doing?

Oh god, sorry, that sounds awful. I was in the ER too, but just for fluids due to dehydration from the stomach flu. I don't envy you kidney stones. You have horrible luck with health matters. Had a couple of scans to check on the baby and they couldn't see anything so doctors are now talking very tentatively about my pregnancy, "IF it progresses normally, IF it's viable" etc. Hard not to get hung up on that but I'm trying! I return for another u/s in 10 days. Just hope they see something (good) then. I ovulated late so I'm a week behind my dates. I'm hoping my due date will get adjusted.

Gosh, take care. I hope you are on the mend and your car got fixed….

I hope you everything goes well for you- I haven't seen in other threads if you updated since this.
I have horrible luck with health- and cars apparently- it's still not fixed- they say all they can do is keep trying different things and see if one of them works.. so far I am just paying for things that turn out not to be really broken. I try not to think about it.

Keep thinking positive! It's still really early and like you said you are a week later then normal- sending good wishes and vibes your way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->