Crappiest night ever

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
So last night, as usual, I woke up from the pain in my hips, having tried sleeping on both sides and now finding myself in agony. I was pretty mortified though to find it wasn't even 2am! When I looked at the clock I just cried. I tried sitting up but was just as uncomfy and DH woke up and cuddled me a bit, but he's working til really late tonight with a busy day so I couldn't sit there all night disturbing him. In the end he came down and made up the spare bed as it doesn't have a sprung mattress so I thought it might help. I was left all alone in the sitting room :cry: Got a bit more sleep but have been so very tired all day and every night I seem to start off with achier hips than the night before and now one of my knees is shot from trying to prop myself to keep off my hip a bit but not lie on bump. Looks like it's going to be me in the sitting room on my own for the next 2 months... :hissy: Oh yeah, really loving this pregnancy. :sad1:

I'm struggling with this too. And when I wake up I can hardly walk and OH has to help me put my socks on and stuff. It is sooooo frustrating.

I do find the pillow thing helps though. I have one like this

and I sort of roll back on it so that I am almost lying on my back but not. My hips still hurt lots but not as bad as if I lie totally on my side.

It helps a little bit - but my nights are very broken up now. I take little short naps all through the 24 hours of each day. I guess it preps us for when bubs arrives.

Oh hon. Sorry to hear you're not sleeping too good.

I was just complaining to the mw yesterday and she suggested to me allow my slef an hour before planning to go to bed. Run a nice warm bath, allowing time to soak and heat to get to all the right places. Take along a book to put your mind on something else, take two paracetamol once out the bath and then have a hot milky drink.

I did last night and although still woke about 5 times for a wee it seemed to do the trick, I even managed to fall straight back off to sleep once I had woken.

She also advised to get up and have a bit more read of book or maybe do a few little jobs if there are things to be done and then go back to bed, she said other wise mind has time to wake up and start concentrating on pains and discomforts and that's where it starts to go wrong.

Hope it helps x x x

I tried the lying on a pillow at the side but I can't lie even a bit on my back now without it really hurting. I have to sit really upright too so there's no chance of sleeping propped up. I have wishful thinking that maybe it's a phase and will ease a bit but as it's just getting worse and worse every night I suspect that's not going to happen. My abdomen is still hurting (though it's eased off a little from the knife slicing of Monday so I'm hoping was mostly down to stretching pains against my weak spots). I find that lying on my right is now impossible because of the sciatica down my right leg and now my left knee cap is busted from propping on it. On my left I get numbness on my hip and thigh if there is much as a crumb underneath me and now my hip is starting to hurt almost as much as my right side. Plus my left shoulder is in agonies all day long from lying on it. I've tried pillows in every imaginable arrangement to try and combat all these things and nothing has helped, usually making something else worse. I even tried one of those half-moon breastfeeding pillows with another pillow on top in the hope to take the weight off my shoulder but that was way too uncomfortable. Last night I'd already tried having my hip on a small cushion (pillows too big) but that didn't help either.

I'm sorry for the whinge whinge whinge I'm just done in with all this pain. I have to walk slower than my old arthritic dog who can hardly climb kerbs. Sitting, standing, lying all are agonising on for one or more parts of the body. Painkillers don't help. Pillows don't help. It's not SPD so apparently the physio can't help and I'd be waiting to see someone until the baby was born anyway.

Once I'm off work it'll be better because then I can nap all day, get more sleep without spending so long lying on joints at one time. But the next three weeks I'm still going to be struggling with this...

Thanks Mrs P but unfortunately for me it's the pain that is waking me and as painkillers don't help none of these other things will either. I can't take a bath at the moment because I can't get out without straining my stomach muscles and they're already too far apart. Once I am awake I am always starving and then feeling sick too. I've already spent a week getting up at 5am but 2am is just a little early for a full day at work!

I hope these things help for you though!

I hear ya hun! It is from everything loosening up in prep for labour, so I guess there IS a plus side...

Sometimes a warm bath with epsom salts helps, or taking some tylenol before bed may take the edge off at least.

OH PB!! :hugs: I cant really give you any advice so I'll just give you some cyber :hug:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->