• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crappy government

Is that if your due after that date or turn 29 weeks after that date, as you can apply for the 500 from 29weeks?
That really takes the p*** though what about people who rely on that grant

heres the line from the article:

"Similar swingeing cuts will also be made to the higher payments given to families earning less than £16,190 a year. Rather than £500, these families will receive just a £100 voucher for babies born after August 1."

Lillybells they aren't scrapping the sure start grant but the child trust funds so don't worry you will still be able to claim your £500 to help with the cost of baby.

Great so that will really put some people in probelms, i would have got the grant but luckly can afford things without it.
Do we still get the HIP grant or has that gone as well

yeah they are going to take away that grant too but i dont think it will affect us... might affect people over in first tri thou

Lillybells they aren't scrapping the sure start grant but the child trust funds so don't worry you will still be able to claim your £500 to help with the cost of baby.

yes they are... instead of 500 you will only get 100

well, now he has made it impossible for me to buy essential items for my baby.
i was relying on that £500, £100 is nothing it doesn't even buy a cot ffs! :grr:

can i just get this straight? i'm due on the 5th sept, i would therefore be able to apply for the sure start grant on the 21st of June, but as my baby will be born after the 1st of Aug i still wont get it? i will only get 100. is that right?

soooooooooooooooooooooo angry!

Stupid conservatives, i couldnt even vote which in a way pi**es me of more as i suffer but had no say in it. I think our system is stupid

can i just get this straight? i'm due on the 5th sept, i would therefore be able to apply for the sure start grant on the 21st of June, but as my baby will be born after the 1st of Aug i still wont get it? i will only get 100. is that right?

soooooooooooooooooooooo angry!

yeah... by the way they worded it it sounds like that all bubs born after 1st aug wont get it... which means theres only a couple of weeks left to claim

No the child trust fund is being scrapped where you get £250 or £500 on a low income this will change to £50 or £100 if you on a low income the child trust fund money has to be saved till your child is 18 but they are not scrapping the sure start grant £500 which you can claim from 29 weeks to 3 months post birth if you are on a low income.

it says that the child trust will get axed nothing else when i had my son i got the 500 for child trust,

ur grant is still safe he aint touching that its only the child trust he is cutting.

i didnt get any extra money when i was pregnant but did get the child trust fund.

i never liked the idea of it anyway and only opened it as i didnt want the government to have a say in where it went but i dont put any extra money in it.

for zane hes getting his own savings account so what we put in is what he gets i hate the idea of stake holder accounts. also something else oh wants to do is buy a project car and work on it and give it to zane wen hes old enough to drive so that will save him some money anyway

No the child trust fund is being scrapped where you get £250 or £500 on a low income this will change to £50 or £100 if you on a low income the child trust fund money has to be saved till your child is 18 but they are not scrapping the sure start grant £500 which you can claim from 29 weeks to 3 months post birth if you are on a low income.

oh yeah sorry i misread it haha...

I thought someone on here a while back said they were scrapping the sure start and the HIP grants but they didnt think it could happen to next year.. so babies this year will be ok ?

I was just looking on the BBC and it menations the trust fund being scrapped but nothing about the 500 grant

It says nothing about the SSMG being cut to £100. The Trust fund is currently £250 and £500 if you earn under 16grand, it is this £500 that is being cut to £100.

I personally couldn't much give a monkeys about the trust fund being scrapped as I could never afford to pay into it anyway.

Thats how I read it but it sounds really confusing, It sounded like if you're on a low income instead of the £250 for the child trust fund you would get £500 but the £250 payment has been changed to only £50 and if you were entitled to £500 for the trust fund you only get £100 now. nothing to do with the sure start grant - just child trust funds

I'd make an appointment with citizens advice, I'm not sure the midwives will know much more than us at this stage...

I was just looking on the BBC and it menations the trust fund being scrapped but nothing about the 500 grant

yeah dont worry u should still get the 500 sure start... thats still avalible atm

also does anyone no if they have made changes to the tax credits yet?

we only get £10 a month more then a family i no who earns 30k more then us but weve just been sent a letter sayin we owe them money!

im not impressed lol

oh well that is a relief. i did wonder.
i too don't care for the trust fund, i will open my own savings for baby.

by the time the new govermant finishes we will have nothing he is suposed to be stopping the child tax aswell,

and he is putting the petrol up as if it aint high enough

i know he has to make money back but we are going to lose alot.

Yes i dont deprately need to £500 so i will use it on what i need and what ever is left over i will put into a savings account for baby, to make up for the lack of trust fund

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->