• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crappy government

by the time the new govermant finishes we will have nothing he is suposed to be stopping the child tax aswell,

and he is putting the petrol up as if it aint high enough

i know he has to make money back but we are going to lose alot.

I know we will be back in recession at this rate. He cuz Home information packs, so lots of people lost jobs there, and the quango thing he cut today means more people lost jobs how does that help? more people on enifits without jobs really helps us :wacko:

it isnt fair that we all have to suffer after all i dont remember personaly putting this country into so much debt

Both the Conservatives and Lib Dems had this in their manifestos before the elections. When we were children, our parents didnt receive CTF or HIP grant, and we all survived. Cuts needed to be made somewhere so the country can be put on track, the essential services can be run as they should be (ie the NHS) and we can get out of this debt. Its for the best, and with the HIP grant never being spent the way it was intended, I'm pleased they are doing it

i am on benefits but only cause i cant work due to meantal health but i did work for years,

we should have stayed with with labour,

country is in one hell of a mess

by the time the new govermant finishes we will have nothing he is suposed to be stopping the child tax aswell,

and he is putting the petrol up as if it aint high enough

i know he has to make money back but we are going to lose alot.

I know we will be back in recession at this rate. He cuz Home information packs, so lots of people lost jobs there, and the quango thing he cut today means more people lost jobs how does that help? more people on enifits without jobs really helps us :wacko:

im out of work cuz the recession and i dont get any benfits so CTC really help us now thats being hit we are going to struggle

I said it in another thread about this but I really don't see the CTF being axed as a problem, it's not like you benefit in the short term and personally I would rather my children live in a country with alot less debt than it currently has

thats the problem we are all going to struggle doesnt matter what u earn or what u have he will hit you intrest rates anything he can increase and we will all suffer.

i am on benefits but only cause i cant work due to meantal health but i did work for years,

we should have stayed with with labour,

country is in one hell of a mess

Labour are the reason we are in such a mess as it is

ah well yeah thats very true now we are all going to pay for it.

^^ then surely it's labour and Gordon Brown the lynch mobs should be attacking

Both the Conservatives and Lib Dems had this in their manifestos before the elections. When we were children, our parents didnt receive CTF or HIP grant, and we all survived. Cuts needed to be made somewhere so the country can be put on track, the essential services can be run as they should be (ie the NHS) and we can get out of this debt. Its for the best, and with the HIP grant never being spent the way it was intended, I'm pleased they are doing it

I'm glad your pleased, but for those of us on lower incomes, and relying on things like an extra 190, and tax credits (which will be the next to go) for whatever reason, this is a big blow!

slightly tactless post i feel when some ppl dont have a lot and rely on a little help.

I am no scrounger, have always worked, but have come to rely on little bits of help!

i understand that this is only your opinion, but there are many of us who are getting extremely worried about the cuts!!!! the conservatives completely screwed my mum over in the 80's so they are capable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not too bothered about the trust fund. I don't really see why they government and taxpayers should give me money to save for my baby anyway. I will open a savings account for bubs and we will put what we can into it.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/spending-cuts-child-trust-funds-axed-tele-fcdcd1695751.html

This has the info about the sure start grant, and it looks like they will cut it!

sorry to bring bad news! :( xx

I really feel for you guys, it's tough when things that you expect/were relying on are up in the air.

However, we had to go through this same thing in Canada in the early 1990's - the deficit was huge and we were teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. It sucked, but cuts were made and taxes were increased, and now we are in a much better position. I hope it works out that way for you guys too!

I cant believe this its a joke! i able to get the £500 as i dont work and that money was going to be so handy to have im gutted now:cry:
bloody government! next thing we know thay will get rid of the £190 aswell

It was the ******* New Labour government who got us in this mess. No matter who was in government now they would have to try and recoup the money somehow and so there will always be people who are not happy.

labour weren't running the rest of the world may i just point out, but there has been a GLOBAL economic decline. it would have happened with whatever goverment was in power.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/spending-cuts-child-trust-funds-axed-tele-fcdcd1695751.html

This has the info about the sure start grant, and it looks like they will cut it!

sorry to bring bad news! :( xx

that has already been posted, discussed and figured out. It's not very well worded but does NOT say they will be cutting the SSMG. I honestly don't see what the hooha is about the CTF being scrapped, you don't really benefit from it as you can't just take the money and spend it when things are a bit tight. And before anyone jumps down my throat YES we are a low income family and believe me I know what it's like to live week by week wondering how you are going to afford to feed your children let alone yourselves

So after all we wont get 500 we will only get 100 takes the mick, im glad i hadnt pre planned spent it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->