Crazy in-law dilemma!

M

mom-on-8/2009

ME AND DH CONCEIVED LO A WEEK AFTER WE GOT MARRIED.:happydance: WE HAD SPED UP THE WEDDING DATE BECAUSE WE WERE EXCITED.:cloud9: NOW HIS SNOOTY, UBER-CHRISTIAN FAMILY ACTS LIKE I'M NOT EVEN PREGNANT OR EVEN IN THE ROOM.:hissy: MY MIL IS A LITTLE BETTER, BUT, NOT BY MUCH. THEY THINK SINCE WE SPED UP THE WEDDING DATE SINCE I WAS PREGNANT AND ALREADY THOUGHT I WAS BAD FOR DRINKING AT THE RECEPTION, MUCH LESS NOW THAT THEY THINK I WAS PREGNANT BACK THEN.:hissy: WTF?:hissy: IT WAS ALREADY WEIRD WANTING A BABY SO MUCH FOR SO LONG THEN FEELING SO DOWN FOR SOME REASON (PROBABLY SYMPTOMS)--- NOW THIS CRAP! GROWL!

ANY ADVICE, GIRLS?:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Babe didnt want to read and run but Ive had my fair share of MIL cr*p (and family cr*p for that matter too) but try not to let it bother you too much. If I was you I wouldnt spend as much time with them, and both of you keep a low profile away from his family and try to spend moretime with yours - you never know they may get jealous and come round to the idea better and listen!

I was ages wanting a baby, took us 12 months to conceive and then when we did our feelings totally changed and we started to wonder if it was what we wanted ... silly I know but your hormones will be playing a large part in all this.

Relax and enjoy the pregnancy as much as you can and stuff them!

:hug:

If you got married before you got pregnant - what's their problem? And how can you speed up the wedding date due to being pregnant.... when you didn't get pregnant until a week after you got married? You should be going for your dating scan next week - show them that, and they should all shut up!

The dating scan may actually confuse the in-laws, the date you get will include the added fortnight prior to conception that gets added to all pregnancies.

Just try not to have too much to do with them for a while, they'll come around at some point when the excitement of a new baby hits them.

I'm sure, what with the in-laws having children of their own, that they'll understand re the two weeks prior to conception. If they've forgotten - there's plenty on the internet/pregnancy books. I agree that once they realise that they've got a grandchild on the way, they'll suddenly have a change of opinion!

I'm sure, what with the in-laws having children of their own, that they'll understand re the two weeks prior to conception. If they've forgotten - there's plenty on the internet/pregnancy books. I agree that once they realise that they've got a grandchild on the way, they'll suddenly have a change of opinion!

It depends what their experience was like back when they had their child/ren. My mum had never heard of adding two weeks when I told her about it, it just wasn't done like that "in her day" :rofl: or at least it was never explained to her.

I'm sorry. :hugs:

I'm having my fair share of in-law issues right now too. My sister-in-law, who lives across the country and who had asked me to be her matron-of-honor, just set her wedding date for right when we're due--of course I'm not in the wedding, in that case, nor can we go! Before we got pregnant she'd talked about this summer for the wedding, but nothing was set in stone. Once we got pregnant and realized when we were due we told her the latest I could fly was late June and even said we'd come with an infant if it was later in August. I don't know when the date is, but she just told my husband via text that they planned it for August and she doesn't want us to be mad because we were supposed to be in the wedding. Whenever it is, she is obviously planning on us not being there.

:shrug:

Not fun. Especially when you're already hormonal and upset!

it's a mother-in-law's job not to like their daughter-in-law.
don't worry to much hun - at the end of the day YOU know when bubs was conceived and it's none of their business!
Besides, if you'd brought the wedding forward coz of pregnancy, it would be much less than 9months from wedding til the big arrival. (unless of course you brought the date forward and the new date was about a week after the decision was made!!!)

If they start preaching at you about "christian morals" tell them that their own "christian morals" should have them accept the situation - they should believe the only one with a right to judge a human being is God. (hit em with their own beliefs and you'll stun em to silence if nothing else ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->