Creamy cervical mucus during ovulation on clomid?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
Can CM be creamy during ovulation on clomid?

Hi girls! FF is detecting that I ovulated on cd 18 but my cm wasn't watery it was creamy...

Can cm be creamy during ovulation while taking clomid?

You betcha! A side effect of clomid is a change in your CM which can be annoying since the change can make your CM hostile to sperm. I counteracted any side effect by drinking TONS of water and taking a decongestant with the only active ingredient being guaifenesin. It thins your mucus (even CM) to make it more hospitable to sperm.

May be worth considering taking next round if this round isn't successful. It worked for me! I am carrying a clomid baby girl, due September!

I second the guaifenisin, I took it this month to see how it affected me while ntnp. I was due to start clomid once AF came (my other 3 are all clomid) it definitely made a difference. Well from my ticker you can see it made a big difference:haha: xx

Oh man... well I guess I could've ovulated during the times I had a lot of creamy cm but thought I wasn't ovulating due to that reasoning! Guess since it dries up cm I need to use the fertility monitor I have! My nurse said if my period comes this cycle that they'll be moving me up to 100mg

I second the guaifenisin, I took it this month to see how it affected me while ntnp. I was due to start clomid once AF came (my other 3 are all clomid) it definitely made a difference. Well from my ticker you can see it made a big difference:haha: xx

Did you use preseed or anything else to conceive? FF says I either ovulated on cd 18 or 23.. I mean I guess I could've ovulated cause I had lots of creamy cm and I took it that I wasn't fertile :cry:

I have done in the past but not since #1 came along. I'm not sure it helped me.
The cough syrup definitely made things more watery!

Oh okay.. what kind of cough syrup and how do you take it?

I had forgotten that we baby danced 4 days prior to ovulation so I'm hoping we can still get a positive test!

Fingers crossed!!

It's called guaifenesin. Over here in the U.K. It's sold as mucus cough syrup, very cheap and available over the counter. I believe in the US it may be branded robitussin xxx

Guaifenesin also comes in pill form if the syrup bothers you to much. Also you have to make sure guaifenesin is the only ingredient as some have other ingredients that actually may dry you up as well.

I normally take maximum strength mucinex when i have sinus issues and would always notice a change in cm.

When ttc last fall, i just used genetic as it was so much cheaper and still had good results (both are pill form).

Thank you ladies!!! I will be getting some cough syrup next cycle if I don't get my :bfp:!!!!
Ok what do y'all think about adjusting your BBT? If I put in the times I actually woke up I ovulated on cd 23 but if I adjust my BBT it moves my ovulation to cd 20?
What do you think???

Attachments

• IMG_2105.jpg
    IMG_2105.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
Can CM be creamy during ovulation on clomid?

Hi girls! FF is detecting that I ovulated on cd 18 but my cm wasn't watery it was creamy...

Can cm be creamy during ovulation while taking clomid?

Yeah clomid is known to thicken cervical mucus my doctor suggested taking mucinex just the plain one or another expectorant during the week of ovulation when I was on clomid to help thin out the mucus because clomid can make cm hostile which is kind of crazy since its counter productive in ttc. Best of luck to you also try using the preseed it helps a lot to. The one cycle I actually conceived on clomid I was using the mucinex and the preseed together and we had got a bfp (and some amazing bding lol) that bean didn't stick but it did work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->