Creative birthday party games & setting

OmarsMum

Reaction score
Hi, Omar's 6th birthday is in 2 weeks, I'm planning to hold a party at our place.

I'm looking for new birthday games. There are going to be around 18 children, age between 2-10

As there are going to be adults as well (around 15) I'm thinking of a picnic type setting indoor for the children to eat. We have L-shape living area, the plan is to empty one side from furniture and place a picnic mat on the floor with a table against the wall with food & snacks for the children. Adults will have a buffet on the other side on the dining table & the two sofa sets we have will be there for them to sit. I don't have enough chairs for everyone to sit, is it ok to feed children on the floor?

I need help with ideas, there will be no balloons, Omar doesn't like them, he doesn't want a themed party, I asked him. He just wants a dance party.

I don't see an issue with having kids sit on the floor. Adults to. We never have enough seating (our house really isn't all that big). For Rhys's party we threw most of the kids outside and they ate in the grass. For Hannah's (it was really hot!) the kids all just ate on the living area floor and adults ate wherever they could find a spot--and a lot stood! That's just the way it is at parties and everyone is always understanding. (plus my kids love eating on the floor for a picnic instead of the table they think it's more fun :rofl:)

For activities we let the kids have free play for a good hour of the parties. For Rhys's we hired a face painter/balloon artist and for Hannah's we hired Elsa.

Don't worry about seating, it's fine how you've described. Kids will enjoy sitting down too. We didn't have many balloons either as M doesn't like them popping so I just had some feature balloons for the dinner table and Buffett table. M wanted a disco so we hired a kids entertained who played songs and did games at the same time. She also had some disney mascots an they joined in with the games and the disco. Hope Omar has a nice time x

Thanks for your replies ladies.

He doesn't want a character party, any other nice themes? I'm thinking of a rainbow themed party?? Any other ideas? He doesn't want pirates. When I asked him , he said plates with hearts :rofl:

Thanks for your replies ladies.

He doesn't want a character party, any other nice themes? I'm thinking of a rainbow themed party?? Any other ideas? He doesn't want pirates. When I asked him , he said plates with hearts :rofl:

How about basing his party on one of his favourite books? Or a favourite game? Or a favourite place he likes to visit like an aquarium so you can a under the sea theme? GL x

Soccer/ football! I found a theme :happydance:

I found the supplies, will go tomorrow to check what they have

Here is what I found

https://www.mypartycentre.com/Search?search=Soccer

I will build the games based on the theme, I'm excited now

Sorry I didn't mean you should have a character party just giving you an idea of our time line. Generally our parties are 3 hours. 1 hour for eating (lunch half an hour, cake half an hour we usually do presents right after that to), plus snacks out at all times for anyone who wants something else. 1 hour of "free play". The kids basically run around like crazy haha. And 1 hour of something structured

:flower:

Glad you found a theme :)

Sorry I didn't mean you should have a character party just giving you an idea of our time line. Generally our parties are 3 hours. 1 hour for eating (lunch half an hour, cake half an hour we usually do presents right after that to), plus snacks out at all times for anyone who wants something else. 1 hour of "free play". The kids basically run around like crazy haha. And 1 hour of something structured

:flower:

Glad you found a theme :)

Oh, I know Hun. Most of the parties I went to had a character or a clown but he doesn't want one, this is why I was stuck with the theme.

Do you do food before games & entertainment?

I'm looking for games that fit the theme, our housekeeper will help loool, she will wear a cap & have a whistle. I'm planning to download some FIFA songs

I will prepare some small vanilla & chocolate glazed cookies to complement the theme. I have to think about the cake design, I will let him choose.

Food is not an issue, I will prepare mini sandwiches, chicken nuggets, and mini savory pastries. This is in addition to small popcorn boxes and maybe marshmallows sticks.

What do they do during free play? Do you keep toys out? I don't want them to invade the playroom

:rofl: I let them invade the play room and send Stan downstairs to clean it up after :blush: :rofl:

What time are you having the party? Last party we had was Hannah's and we had it from 1-4 and sat the kids down to pizza around 1:15?? Most only ate a bit and then went off to play. Elsa came from 2-3, they played a few more minutes while we got the cake together and then we called them all up and sang happy birthday/had cake/H opened her gifts that friends brought and back downstairs for a few minutes until parents came to pick them up!

^I don't do well with things out of their place at ALL. So when the play room gets destroyed I can't handle it :rofl: Stan knows this though so he will take the kids and go sort it while I clean up upstairs

Looool :rofl: last year there were 8 children including Omar and the room went upside down, this year his toys doubled with more small pieces, and the children are around 18. I'm thinking of keeping the cars with the garage & extensions in the party area, along with other few toys?

The party is from 3-6 pm

I always put up stuff I don't want destroyed! Or has to small of pieces that are going to get lost etc. I have a lot of the kids games and puzzles set up out of the way anyways which helps!

If the party is 3-6 I'd do the food later and let them play/have games first :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->