crib opposed to moses basket?

Little G

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

considering getting the chicco next to me crib instead of moses basket for our bedroom.. DD hated her moses basket. Im looking for something a bit bigger than a moses basket normal size also and this looks a bit bigger and gets good reviews. What are your plans for night time sleeping, also considering not having a moses basket in livingroom this time and just using pram for sleeping during the day? have a swing too so can rotate between the two....

xx

With DS we used a crib
With DD1 we used a play pen and a bassinet
with DD2 we co slept

when we are blessed again I will co cleep but I would LOVE a cradle!

I would keep a couple options open, you never know what baby may like!

I'm using Moses basket again because I already have it from DS and have bought another cot for DD for when she outgrows it. If she hates the Moses basket I'll try the cot next and if not just full time co sleep.

I would have bought something like that if I thought I might have another one but I don't want to pay the money. In theory it looks fab though.

I'm using Moses basket again because I already have it from DS and have bought another cot for DD for when she outgrows it. If she hates the Moses basket I'll try the cot next and if not just full time co sleep.

I would have bought something like that if I thought I might have another one but I don't want to pay the money. In theory it looks fab though.

It does look good, totally agree with you on the money side as this will be our last baby, just that DD not liking the moses basket has put me off and think the chicco one looks alot better......... hmmmmm what to do? :wacko::wacko:

I bought a moses basket for DS2 and I replaced it with a crib when he was a couple of weeks old. He was a long baby and almost filled the moses basket and I wanted to keep him next to me for as long as possible. He stayed 8 or so months in his crib and i liked that it was on wheels so I could push it around the house with me. I will be using it for this bub too.

We're lucky enough to be getting a cradle from a family member, we're using that instead of a moses basket, and the carrycot from the buggy during the day. It's suitable for overnight sleeping too so we have back up if the baby hates the cradle or anything.

the more I think about it the more I think going to go with the crib, bubs will be in with us for a while and need something that will hopefully last longer than a moses basket. Still have other items from DD which can use like pram. swing etc so will be saving money that way, at least thats what im telling myself. lol.

We are going for a crib too, we have a rocking one and a normal one both given/bought cheap. We might use one up and one down, or use the lay flay pram or swing for naps. DS was too big and heavy for his moses basket very quickly and hated it, therefore ended up in his big cot in a different room to us from 10 weeks.

xx

We're doing an Arm's Reach mini co-sleeper in our room at first - similar concept to the Chicco you're looking at. He'll have a regular crib that eventually converts to a toddler bed in the nursery that I'm hoping he'll nap in, so he's a little used to it when it's time to switch him over. We're also buying my nephew's Mamaroo for the living room, so we'll have a little of everything.

I put dd in her cot the first day back from the hospital. It was at the foot of my bed. She still sleeps in our room. For this LO I'm planning on getting the chicco next to me. Hopefully it'll make the night feeds easier. I definitely wished dd was closer to me in her younger days at night. Especially nights where she was teething or going through a growth spurt and needed me more even after I was done breastfeeding. So I think even if breastfeeding doesn't work out I'll appreciate having LO in the co sleeping cot.

I have a mamaroo that I used for daytime with dd that I'll use with new LO. Recently detached the seat to clean it as I suspect the cats have had access to it, lol. I hope I can figure out how to put it back in even though it seems easy enough. At mom's and gran's houses when we're visiting I'm planning to just use a pram. We opted not to get a double stroller and will just use a separate one for each child.

I didn't like the moses basket we had for our daughter, it didn't seem very sturdy. We sold it and have got a swinging crib this time. It seems to be a bit bigger than the MB as well, so she can stay in it longer!

I wish we'd bought a crib for the side of our bed rather than a moses basket. He's only a month old and I can only see him getting a couple more months use out of it before we'll need to move him over to his cotbed

We opted for a swinging crib rather than a moses basket - DH is 6ft 6 so expecting a long baby so he wouldn't fit in moses basket for long!

We have a gliding crib for the bedroom and will use the pram top for downstairs x

I had a moses basket with my DD but she was so long that she went into a cot at 3 months.
This time I have the same moses basket for downstairs and a crib for upstairs just in case I have to have a section. (DH might not always be there to take moses basket upstairs)

With both my DD's we used a Moses basket for the first 3 months then put them into a cot. This time around I've bought a crib for upstairs and a Moses basket for downstairs.

We've got the snuzpod, which is basically the same as the chicco one you're considering and a Moses basket to be in the living room, or take to family. I wanted a co sleeping crib for various reasons but it isn't easily moved about(heavy and awkward) and wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the baby upstairs at such a young age so decided on a Moses basket as well:flower:

I really want the crib u have ordered!!
with ds1 he was so long he only fitted in a moses basket for 12 weeks then had to go in a cot. So I bought a crib for ds2 and he's really little and fitted in crib till he was 9 months I haven't bought new for this baby although I really want the chicco crib will wait and see when he's here I have the crib I bought for ds2 In our room and have a moses basket for living room

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->