Crib shopping. Where?

ahcigar1

Happy Mother of 1
Reaction score
I need to start really looking around for a Crib. My Mom is coming at the end of July and she is gifting $500 for a crib and mattress. Something she has done for both my brothers and now me. And since she can't be here for the whole pregnancy or delivery and she is giving this wonderful gift even at such hard times for her financially I thought it would be really special and nice to go out shopping with her to get it. And even if didn't end up spending all the money on the crib she said I am to keep it and use for something else. She has already sent me the check. I have been told though that I do need to start looking around to get an idea of what I want. But have no idea where to start. I love the idea of the convertable crib and do not want to go used. I want something that is obviously safe and good quality that will last. My problem is I have no idea where to look. I'm in the US and Babies 'R Us is just too expensive so where else could I look? I have no idea who else sells cribs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've been shopping online. I know that doesn't help you with the time you want to spend with your mother, but just yesterday I received a huge nice catalog from Target in the mail and they've got cribs anywhere from $139-$300 and mattresses anywhere from $69.00 to $250.00. I have found cribs I like looking at on

jcpenny.com
sears.com
walmart.com
target.com

I agree, I didn't like the ones at Baby's R us and they were upwards towards $500.00 which I don't think is necessary for a crib...I think it can be made useful elsewhere as the cribs that range lower in price are just as cute and will provide a sleeping area for your little one just fine.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you as far as where to go in person to look...but maybe you could get an idea of price ranges and what style you're looking for on these websites and go from there.

Good luck! That is an awesome gift!

Thank you. I never knew that jcpenny and sears sold them. Will ahve to look into that.

I'm in the U.S. too! We bought a beautiful convertible crib from Burlington Coat Factory (Baby Depot) for $299. . .not sure if you have BCF in San Diego?

It's convertible. Unless you buy used, you won't find a convertible cheaper than that, not that we saw anywhere anyways! I checked JC Penney and they were pricey, although, look at their sales too. Not only that, the Burlington crib is SO much better quality than anything we saw at Babies R Us. . .the stuff I'm seeing at BRU is junk. Blows my mind.

Anyways, here is the crib we got:

008.JPG

That said, if you pick up an issue of Fit Pregnancy there is a 15% off coupon for Burlington in it, you should be able to use it on furniture, dropping the price of that crib. I didn't know this until after we bought the crib (do'h!) but you should definitely take advantage. They had several cribs to choose from!

And the mattresses were on sale at BRU this last week, not sure if they still are or not, but you might check! Don't buy ANYTHING at Babies R Us without a coupon, btw. . .those coupons are everywhere and you can use them to buy carseats, etc.

HTH!

Thanks. I think we do have one up where I will do the shopping closer to LA in Orange county cause that is where my Mom will be staying with my Aunt. Will have to put that on the list to go look at. That is a beautiful crib you bought.

Definitely check out Ikea. They have several really inexpensive cribs that get good reviews. My sister outfitted her entire nursery there for really cheap. All of their cribs are online so you can see what they have before you go.

csnbaby.com

They have some of the same ones that Target/Babies R Us have and you get free shipping and 4% back on all purchases.

DaVinci Cribs also come with a free mattress!

Attachments

• 230428_1865088840568_1641439634_1818997_1733038_n.jpg
    230428_1865088840568_1641439634_1818997_1733038_n.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
I got a crib from Target this week and it was on sale for $180. They are having some good sales this week on their cribs. This one is made out of real wood which is nice, it will last since it is a convertible crib.

Attachments

• DSCN3575.jpg
    DSCN3575.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back