Cried for hours - feeling so down

Ruth2013

Reaction score
Hi All

I just kind of wanted somewhere to write down how I felt and if you think this is me over reacting or being hormonal?!

I am 36 + 6 and although I am married, by husband is away for 9 months of the year - 2 months on and 1 month off (just under). Anyways for the last 3 days or so I have felt sooooo so down and alone and sad/depressed

Ive had so many cold sores which I know is a sign of being stressed - I wondered, do you think this could be because of hormones - do they increase at this stage or get out of balance?

I just feel so alone and am worried that he wont be here when the baby is born - he is due home on the babys due date - failing that worry, i then worry that if he is back, the baby will be 2 weeks overdue and then we will only have just under 2 weeks together

Sorry! Just needed to let it out somewhere - hubby just says 'dont worry' so that doesnt really work!

Oh hun :hugs: I don't think you are over reacting at all! Hormonal or not it can't be nice having him away that much! I'd feel exactly the same as you!

Try not to worry about baby's arrival timing- what will be will be, the little monkeys just come out when they're ready, and there's no point worrying about something you can't change. I have my fingers crossed that your LO comes on time so that you get the full month together as a new family!

xxx

I think pregnancy hormones or not I'd be feeling lonely in your position, you're handling it really well and should be proud of yourself.
I'm not sure about the cold sores in pregnancy, but I know that people who get them tend to be more inclined to get them again.
While I'm not in your situation with my OH being gone for periods of time, he is out of the house for work 12pm-10pm and I worry he wont be around for the birth either! He also isn't eligible for any time off paternity wise, and so we don't know how long he'll be able to get off around the time of the birth. It makes me sad, but I think it's a perfectly normal thing to feel.
Personally I try not to think about it, at the end of the day if it happens it happens, it's not preventable and is just one of those things that really sucks! What counts is the happy, healthy baby you're having together and making the most of the time you do have.

Stay brave hun, you're doing a great job so far.

That sounds really tough! I.don't think you are overreacting at all. This is a crazy time for you, you're going to have a baby! I hope you can stay stress free as much as possible and I hope your hubby can spend as much time as possible with you and baby :) hugs

It's not hormones I think sweetheart, my OH does 12 hours every day but has 2 hours travelling as well for 3 weeks at a time, which can be here or 700 miles away :/.

Tbh I tend to think of it as they'll get longer for quality time when he's home. If you ever need to talk just yell, Promise your not alone :). LO will come when they decide, so stressing over it won't help. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->